Fiancee Visa

Thank you very much for the advice cris. It helps a lot. I havent been to norway yet. He just went here once. I will tell him about this. I have concern regarding the bank statement requirement of tourist visa application. The money in my account is not enough to sustain my stay in norway. Are there other way to waive this requirement. Ive read about the stamped letter of guarantee duly stamped by udi but havent rea further about it. Just confused. Thanks and looking forward to your reply :)

Your bf will guarantee you stay... he needs to send you a GUARANTEE FORM.... he can get it in police station here in Norway. Also i advice him to deposit some amount on your bank account,,, my friend in thailand her boyfriend deposited 300,000 pesos in her account. For Norwegian authority it is important that you must have a certain amount to sustain yourself in Norway.... eventhough youy boyfriend will guarantee your stay there. That amount will prove them that you have enough fund in case of emrgency as well.

Thank you for that suggestion cris. I wonder if they wont wonder if there is sudden huge deposit on my account. but your suggestion really helps a lot.

michellecebu wrote:

Thank you for that suggestion cris. I wonder if they wont wonder if there is sudden huge deposit on my account. but your suggestion really helps a lot.

Your welcome... you may ask Norwegian embassy regarding changing application. I dont know anything about it. When you get here in Norway You have time to process thr documents for applying fiance visa. Cos your boyfriend need to process about a lot of docs aside from the 2 i mentioned in my earlier response. Will chat in facebook if you dont mind so its easier to guide you through you process.

Yes the suggestion of Cris is useful to, and if i may add if you are wondering if they will think of the sudden deposit of a big amount what you can do is as early as possible ask your bf to deposit it in divided parts like do it every 5 and 10 days until you are near your schedule at the embassy :)

Hi Michelle,

Having been to Norway is not a guarantee that your application will be approved faster. I know someone who got her visa after 9 months even if she have been to Norway . Nowadays Norwegian Embassy in Manila processes fiancee visa already, I got a reply from them saying they process in less than a month.

sure cris. My facebook name is mitch nagayo.

stephy25 wrote:

Yes the suggestion of Cris is useful to, and if i may add if you are wondering if they will think of the sudden deposit of a big amount what you can do is as early as possible ask your bf to deposit it in divided parts like do it every 5 and 10 days until you are near your schedule at the embassy :)

Hello stephy nice to hear from you again :) thanks for your inputs... you have help a lot of us here in expat forum. God nyttår til deg!

To Anne2510 and Michellecebu,

Hi Anne, last time we chat was about 2 mos ago,,, you've mentioned that your in HK working and planning to apply for fiance visa this February. Have you applied already?

Anyway... i just want to quote your response,,, its true that its not a guarantee that the visa will be processed faster when you have visited Norway first. Because Norwegian Authority have other important things to consider on your fiance side: Good employment status or economical status, Have an earning 300,000 Nok and above per annum, Have a house contract and at least he haven't receive any benefit from NAV in previous years.

If all this things have met... Norwegian Embassy Manila will process the fiance visa without the need to send it UDI Norway. That is why Norwegian embassy manila can process the application within a month.

But if your application / case needs further review they will send it to UDI Norway... and this time the processing time will take up to 9 months depending on their load of application. These are the applications that is weak in nature and not meeting all the said requirements.

And as I said... Norwegian Authority are avoiding marriage propaganda,,,, if you can prove them that yours is genuine,,,there is no need for further investigation. Email and chat is not a strong ground or basis for genuine relationship and sad to say Norwegian Authority doesnt give credit on that. That is why I strongly advice to visit Norway first :)

Hi Cris

I will apply mid of February, waiting for my contract to end here. Since we met the UDI requirements, fiancé has stable job, salary above 400,000 NOK, he has his own house, never been married yet, he hasn't receive any benefit from NAV, he visited me two times in Philippines and here in HK in the span of 3 months, and he stayed 3 weeks with me and my family instead at the hotel. We decided to apply fiancee visa instead ( we actually planned for a visit visa first ). We are hopeful that our application will not be forwarded to UDI, crossing my fingers to that. :-)

Hi Anne,

Good to hear... and it sounds you have a strong case as well :) My case was.... me and my fiance met onboard a vessel Jan 2014... working together for more or less 3 mos. He have a permanent job in our head office here in Norway and the office send him to our ship to work for period of time. And there the magic begins :) we both left the vessel May 1st and were in contact through chat and mail. I visited him in Norway July for 2 mos... and after i got back Manila Sept,, i applied for Fiance Visa. He havent been in Philippines though due to work demand.

Same as you are,,, after i applied for fiance visa im crossing my fingers and hoping for fast result, Coz we only been in relationship for 6 mos that time when I applied for fiance visa and he never been in Philippines. But since we have proven to them that we have spent quite a lot of time together at work and in Norway (i submitted pictures of us in the embassy together with my application),,,, My application wasn't send to UDI Norway and I got a fast approval :)

I can feel that yours will be the same :)

Hi Cris bags:-)

First i would like to say u r donig a good job here helping us with all ur good advises and i have been folowing u.
I from Ethiopia and i have submitted my fiance visa in Norwegian embassy in Addis Abeba last Sept 20014 and still waiting for an answer and they didnt call me for interview yet.
Have u any advise what should i do for my case process will go faster?
Im looking forward to hear ur response:)
Thank u.

Hello addis,

Thanks and good to know that you appreciate my advice.

First i want you to check this site.

http://www.norway.ph/studywork/visaandr … Kgn5slwbqA

Not all Norwegian embassy abroad are granted by UDI Norway to process family immigration  independently. As I have read in norwegian embassy ethiopia...  all applications for family reunification are forwarded to UDI for processing once an interview of the applicant is conducted at the embassy.

Now the processing time in UDI Norway is 9 mos. And im pretty sure that your fiance will be called for an interview. For now you can just review the documents that was submitted, if there is a sudden change on your fiance employment status (like get promotion, wage raise or become permanently employed) it must be documented.  UDI Norway strongly advice not to call them for follow up on application.... but other applicant choose to call them still. Then its your choice to call them or not to. If you do so... your fiance must be the one to contact them. If there is a change in his economical status he can rely the information to them. But if i am in your position... i will ask my fiance to call and follow up if its been 6 - 9 mos long waiting already.

For now your boyfriend can just visit you in ethiopia. The longer/number of times your together physically the better. So once he scheduled for an interview he can give them a positive update :)

Hello Cris bags,

Thank you very much for your response :)
I have read the link u send me and I understand there is a different systems in all Norway embassies,  but I wonder if they will interview my fiance or me?
My fiance have higher earning than the UDI states, have a house contact and he haven't received any benefit from NAV.
And my fiance have called UDI before Christmas and they said our case hasn't found a case processor yet.
And my fiance want to write a letter for UDi with some pictures of us, because we have lived together for 4 years in Norway before.
What's your advice here?
Looking forward to hear your answer :)

Hi addis,

Please read this link regarding the large backlog of family reunification in your embassy that causes delay of interviews....

http://www.norway.org.et/studywork/visa … KkIQX3Q22c

As i read through it, it sounds like you will have an interview in your embassy as well and afterthat they will send your application to UDI Norway. As you said you havent been interviewed,,, your application must be in the embassy still.

May i ask,,, how was it when you hand in your documents to the embassy last Sept? Because here in Philippines,,, during our appointment sched date they check my documents if it is lacking some requirements they advice us to process it first and we get reschedule of appointment. However if our documents are complete,,, they will just ask about 1 or 2 questions,,, so short that i dont even feel that i was interviewed.  After that i submitted my documents and was advice about the processing time, that they will contact me in my email... they also told me, if it will take longer one month (they will forward it to UDI Norway) i will be informed through mail. They took my passport,, at first I was hesitant to give it to them but they told me there are cases that doesnt need to be forwarded in UDI Norway and it will be convinient for them if they have the passport so they already have it on hand for stamping the visa. In less than 3 weeks i got email from them that my visa is granted.

For some... someone that i get to know and chat with her case was forwarded to UDI Norway. Just last december,,, she got an email from embassy that her application was forwarded to UDI Norway. Her case wasn't strong enough to prove the genuinity of relastionship coz the boyfriend visited philippines once and she hasn't been in Norway,,, eventhough all the requirements have met. I also know 3 other girls in philippines who got fast approval like me.

So in short... embassy is giving us update with regards to our application. You may choosr to follow up in the embassy if it havent been in udi norway yet.

Hello! I've been to norway 2times as tourist..its ok to deposit 30,000pesos in ur bank acct and they accepted that.

Jazme wrote:

Hello! I've been to norway 2times as tourist..its ok to deposit 30,000pesos in ur bank acct and they accepted that.

You mean they accept even its just 30,000 pesos :) then that is good :)

Hi jazme,

I remember you... i read your previous post. Anyway I read on Norway.ph site that the embassy will pause visa processing Dec 22 til Jan 2,,, observing holiday season. I have a felling that you will be recieving response to then within this week or next :) wishing you good luck :)

hehe im so glad to read this. Kasi more than 30k lang yung deposit ko. :)

Hello cris,  thank u very much.i really hope i will get visa within this week because my lil angel begin to be bigger and bigger in my stomach.,,i will update here when i get result thank u again..

Hi michelle,  its ok even u have only 30k in ur bank acct. the first time when i applied tourist visa, i hAve only 30k in my bank aact. And the 2nd time was 195thousand.thats ok u dont need to show big amount but thats good if u have..

Hi Jaz,

I called the Embassy today and asked about the required bank statement. According to the officer no need to submit bank statement as long as there is a guarantee form from my bf in norway. Thanks so much for your info :) It made me feel better, but will still still start my application this week anyway. They allow me to cancel our fiance visa application and will be entitled for reimbursement on what we paid in udi portal.

Hope everything will goes well :)

Hi Cris bags,

When I was at the embassy last Sept they checked all my documents and they just took the copies of all docs,  but not the originals. So i have also my passport in hand.
And they asked me if me and my fiance have married before and I answered we didn't.
And they said they don't know how long it will take to UDi to process the case,  and said the case will not be processed until I get interviews. And if I get interviwed they will send it to UDi.
Is it a good idea if I call the embassy or if my fiance  call?  Cause he is the one who can contact them regarding our case.
I'm looking forward to hear your opinion :)

To Addis1,

This is what i have read relating to case processing time, interview etc. I copied-paste it here from UDI portal. Below applies with regards to Addis Ababa and Africa countries. Your case will take longer than normal... sad to say but for now your only choice is to wait. You or your fiance can call embassy. And when you do,, double check the number and email address you provided them. So you are sure that they have the right contact details of your.

I know it is frustrating to wait that long... just enjoy your family while your still in your home country. Don't stress thinking and waiting... just stay being productive and think positive :)

Here below are the copied-paste from UDI PORTAL... God bless Addis!

Case processing times if the applicant is a Somali citizen

Because of long waiting periods for interviews in Addis Ababa  , and the need for DNA testing, the case processing times for Somalian citizens will in most cases be 18 monthsfrom you handed in your application to the police or foreign service mission.

Case processing times if you are invited for a DNA test

If you are invited for a DNA test it will normally take 15 months from you handed in your application to the police or foreign service mission until your case will be processed. This is for applicants from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and all countries in Africa(except South Africa).

Who is summoned for an interview?

In connection with some applications for family immigration, we will request an interview with the reference person and/or the applicant in order to obtain more information.This applies to all applications where

-the applicant has established a relationship with a Norwegian under the age of 25
-person under the age of 25 who already lives in Norway
-most applications where the applicant is stateless or from Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan or from a country in Africa
-a number of applications where the applicant is fromKosovo, China, Bangladesh, the Dominican Republic, IndiaIndonesia, Vietnam or Sri Lankaa few other applications.

If this applies to you, we will notify you by email or SMS, and you will receive a summons to an interview from the police or the embassy. Applicants are sometimes interviewed when they submit their documents at the embassy.

The police carry out interviews in Norway. How long it will take before the police summon you for an interview depends on the police's capacity in the place where you live.During the interview, you will be asked about your relationship, among other things. If you do not speak Norwegian, you must bring someone along who can interpret for you.

After the interview, the police send your case back to the UDI. You will be notified by email or SMS when the UDI has received the case.

Good to hear michelle! Goodluck for u,everything goes well i know that! While u are in ur upcoming interview just relax and answer clearly what their questions.

Hi Cris bags,

Thank you very much for all your support :)
It's really helping. I will tell my fiance to call them and check the case. And I will inform you if i heard new.
We will talk later :)

Halo! God morgen/Good morning!! Any update for fiance visa???

It will be almost 10th month of waiting this 16th of the month.. Did not receive any update from UDI.. The last email they send me was Nov. 28.. Does anyone try to contact UDI for updates?

hi ladies :)

just to share about the Bank Certificate and Visit Visa. i had been to norway 3 times, and did not submit any bank cert for the last 2. i think this is optional and is not really required if your sponsor will guarantee your stay.

just to clarify terms (coz this really confused me a lot at first reading thru UDI), see some definitions below:

Visitor/Visit Visa: is a schengen Visa, same as tourist except you have a sponsor
Sponsor/Reference person : by UDI definition, this is the person inviting (a relative or bf)
Guarantor : person who will guarantee your stay - pay for accomodation, ur expenses while in norway, even pay the "deportation expenses" if ever u will be deported during ur visit.

normally, sponsor and guarantor are the same person. a good example where this can be different is when u are in norway as wife, and u wanted to get ur parents/sibling to visit u. but lets say u are a stay at home housewife/mom, so u cant present an income to be both the sponsor and guarantor. so ur husband can guarantee for them. You as the relative will be the sponsor, and ur husband can serve as the guarantor. i remember, this will be filled up separately in the application portal.

another example is if u invite a friend to visit u in norway, say to attend ur wedding. u can be the "sponsor" or reference person, but ur not the guarantor for she will cover all her expenses (for now, requirement is 500nok per day). so ur friend will need a bank cert to show she got enough to cover expenses, and she need an invitation letter from you.

i dunno if this is relevant to the thread, just sharing if someone finds it useful in the future :)

source: Visitor's Visa - UDI

Hi Dj08,,                                                        You don't try to call the embassy here in phil or udi?? My god it takes a long time for u now..in my case i have been in norway last year 2x,,and then when i come back here  in phil i applied fiance visa dec 01,2014 because i am pregnant..and until now still waiting.my fiance called the udi in norway last week and they say in udi that my application was in line up now..means soon they will check my papers,,i really hope i will get answer soon because we are in hurry now,i want to give birth my norwegian baby in norway so he will be automaticlly a norwegian citizen..if I don't get answer again this week,my fiance will follow up again this week.

just to add... sorry for the spam

the requirements for the Vistor's visa (VISIT BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND/FIANCE IN NORWAY) had been changed, as i am filling up one now. On the form now, i can say its way less now as it was 2 years ago.. and now it says Original UDI Form for Visits OR Original Bank Certificate of the Applicant. that means you dont need a bank statement if you have the original UDI form stamped and signed by the police.

note however, this is for the Philippines. Source: Checklist - Visit Visa for Fiance/BF/GF

Am on 10 month too!!last week on 6th we got information that they have started looking on all application received on March(which its about 10 month now) hope we can here something soon!!!

Hi Jazme.. My fiance was trying to call UDI but he was no. 72 on the line so he did not go through.. Think we dont have any choice than to wait.. I have been to norway also once then after i applied already for fiance permit.. I applied in Abu Dhabi embassy and not in Phil. They said it would be much better if i applied in Phil. Because some they got the answer in 3weeks time.. Don't know why it takes so long because my fiance meet all the qualifications and did not invited for interview.. I think it is maybe, there are lots of applications they are having at the moment.. Just hoping for the good news soon.. Goodluck and God bless..

And Hi Annie😀 its good to hear from you.. Thanks for the update you got from UDI.. I'll let you know as well if i have something new.. Take care and God bless..

Will update you the same am waiting for friday and talk with the lawyer if he can call them or maybe on monday,since he has a direct phone to UDI its much easier for him to call than for us of which we will need to stay in a que before being attended!

hi Jazme

ur baby dont need to be born in Norway to be a Norwegian citizen. since ur a filipino citizen, and if ur husband is Norwegian citizen, ur baby will in fact have dual citizenship. but yea, i understand its tough to go thru pregnancy alone, and away from ur husband :(

moving forward, see below some facts/links i gathered about pregnancy and citizenship.

1. being born to a norwegian parent, qualifies your baby as a norwegian citizen automatically. source: Norwegian by birth
2. same goes to being a filipino citizen, since you as her mother is a filipino citizen. source: Filipino Citizenship

....If one of your parents is Norwegian, you probably automatically became a Norwegian citizen when you were born. If your other parent's home country has the same rule, you will also be given that country's citizenship and you will thus have dual citizenship. This only applies if you automatically became a citizen of both countries when you were born, and not if your parents took any action (for example submitted an application or notification) in order for you to be granted the second citizenship....

with these facts, that makes your baby a dual citizen - both Norwegian and Filipino - since she is born to a norwegian father and filipino mother. source: Dual Citizenship (udi.no)

Hi Dj08,,                                                        Im hoping we will get answer soon..for now we need to wait,even its hard we don't do nothing...but its good to call the udi so we can get information,,when i called the embassy too last week,the lady told me its ok to call the udi once a month so we will now how its going to our application..i'll update here when i get answer and i am praying everyday for us to get result very soon

Hi pheebz0501,,                                           Thank u because u understand me,yes its hard for me now,even my family was here to take very good care of me and my baby,its big different to husband/boyfriend/partner without him until the baby will born...so i hope the udi will understand me too.every morning when i wake up i do check my email,and when i see nothing again,i fee emotional and begin to much thinking again..i know its not good for me cause its not good also for my baby,but i can't stop my self..hoping to get result everyday until now

hi jazme.

i feel you :( i went thru my pregnancy alone too, so i definitely know how u feel.. try not to feel depressed, the baby feels what u feel.. its not good for u and ur baby.. :( try to relax and stay happy.. i remember, i do baby shoppping when i feel depressed while i was pregnant, it makes me feel happy and away frm depression, hehe.. try to do something that can make u happy and keep u busy to keep ur mind away frm worrying or depression ;)

Thank u for ur concern...yes i will do that and try to relax.thanks again