2 Muslim Foreigners Marrying in Malaysia

Hi
I am md shamim i am from Bangladesh and i am muslim.i work in Malaysia under a company.my gf is malaysian local so we want to married now. What we do now . Please give me some advice
Thank you

Hi depends where she is from  as Malaysia is made of many states and she needs to see the religious officer of her home town. They have a long long list of things to do including the marriage course you have to attend, a letter from your embassy saying you are not married, proof you are a Muslim etc. Its all there to find quite easily.

The only issue is if you have a Foreign Worker temporary employment employment pass. There are some restrictions to marrying in some Malaysian States. There include having to leave  the country and even a cooling off period of 3 months. You need to check with the local religious department. I think Selangor is the toughest State but others accommodate marriages as long as all the paperwork is completed.

Hello dear me and the man I married we 're both foreign we get married in malaysia and we want get divorce now how we can do ?

Hi all,

as i have been reading all and i still indeed to know if both of myself and my husband-to-be are non Malaysian but we both are Muslim can get married in Islamic way in Malaysia?

thank you

@Maylada Yupensuk yes you can.

@Nemodot

hi :)

thank you so much. Do you possibly know how can i do that?

we thank you for your kind help. much appreciated

@Nemodot
hi smile.png

thank you so much. Do you possibly know how can i do that?

we thank you for your kind help. much appreciated

-@Maylada Yupensuk

Nemodot answered your question in his reply from 2018, just read back a bit. I can write a 5-page reply to your question but I think it wastes time. There are steps and forms and things to do and the most current information will be from the local religious authorities where one of you is living. Talk to an imam in a masjid.

Not everyone has the same experience in the process. For some, its easy and for others, utter torture. It would be good after you marry to come back and explain the steps and processes you went through because it may help others.

@cvco

thank you. but we were trying to call immam in Malaysia and said we need to register at Islam Department?

Yes, you have to register the marriage with the Agama office but thats only after the many other marriage steps. An Imam should be able to tell you each step but you could also go to the registration office and they may be able to guide you. That said, in Malaysia there is never one, solid, firm, correct, final answer to anything. If its Tuesday, you get one answer; on Thursday you get a different answer. Welcome to Malaysia!

I cant really help you from my own experience as the premise was different than normal. Im an american who married a malaysian muslim in Vietnam and eventually registered the marriage in Malaysia. It was a hellish and brutal process i'll never again repeat. In fact, it left permanent scars on our relationship and i'm best served by doing my best to erase it from all memory.

@cvco

Thank you though. I kinda sense it and yet would like to know and see how difficult it would be and wish it would not.

I will try my best to go to this and hope you are all well.

Thank you once again :)