Escazu

My wife and I will be staying a couple nights in Escazu, during our November visit to Costa Rica.  We are staying at the Beacon Hotel.

What interesting places are in that general area, like restaurants / sodas / bars / shopping etc??   We would like to get a feel for the area.   Any suggestions.

Are you looking for typical Tico life, or the transplanted USA-lifestyle of that area? The former will be a bit hard to find there.

Seriously, the last time I was there (yesterday) I wondered why people from the States would bother moving to Escazu, it's so much like where they came from. Everything is expensive, all the chain stores are there, etc.

Check out the Multi Plaza for sure. You can't miss it, as big as most higher-end malls in the U.S.

Pura vida,

Casey

A Dull Roar C.R. Blog

Try Tiquicia Restaurant perched up on the hill in Escazu, the view is spectacular.

Thanks for inputs.  Actually, we are going to spend some time in the San Ramon, Grecia, Atenas areas also.  Just wanted to check out the contrast.  We might want to initially rent in a more familiar atmosphere before venturing out to the more rural areas, once we speak better Spanish and get somewhat settled in.

If you want to live in Costa Rica go to see Guanacaste,I think it is the most friendly place for foreign people