Make friends

Hi m very happy to be a part of this forum.i am coming to joao pessoa this week and planing to live there .so i want to make friends there as iam coming from long way 33 hours by plane , i am looking for a job thats suits my qualification and is there a fedaral police or department of labour near by? where i can get identity card or work card,can i apply for a work permit or residency permit as i have got tourist visa? please need your kind help..

Hi  sabina kumari and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that other members will enlighten you soon.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Sabina,

Welcome to Expat-blog! I hope your experience here will be both enjoyable and informative. I'm sure you will make lots of new friends here.

To answer your questions, a tourist visa does not permit working, unfortunately. You can transform the tourist visa into a temporary work visa if you are able to land a contract with some company, they will probably handle the details for you. The other drawback of a tourist visa is that it only permits a maximum stay of 180 days of the year (calculated on a rolling year).

The only other way to get your Carteira de Identidade Estrangeiro and Carteira de Trabalho is to get married or enter into a stable union with a Brazilian (or foreigner who is a permanent resident), or have a baby born here in Brazil and then apply for a permanent visa.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Namaste Sir!!

Thank you so much for the reply. Oky i cab transfer to work visa for certain period of time.my tourist visa was issued on september
15th so it will be al most one month when i get there ,in this case can i still extend my visa for 90days? Does it makes any difference?
for the temporory residency i better look for job .
thankyou
sabina

João pessoa is a very nice place to create roots Sabina.

Do you believe you will be able to deal, and most important suceed, regarding you legalitazion battle in Brasil ?

Hi Sabina,

If this is your very first visit to Brazil then yes, your visa is valid for an initial stay of 90 days which you can extend for another 90 days (total 180 days) at the headquarters of the Policia Federal nearest where you are staying in João Pessoa. This should be done about 3 weeks before the initial 90 day stay is over. It is best to take someone who speaks Portuguese with you if at all possible.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

You won't find difficult making friends in Brazil this is a country of happy outgoing cheerful people and not like most of the country in Europe.

And I must add João Pessoa is one of the nicest places here, with some of the nicest people in the whole country.

Emerson