Work Permit Success Rate - For Indians living in Germany

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am an IT prefessional from India, and have been offered an employment contract by a German company.

I would like to know the success rate of getting the resident visa, as well as the normal processing time to get the visa.

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Hi,

The company will do the paperwork for you and if it is your first visa for Germany, it can take between 1 to 3 months.

No worries. First visa i had to wait for 3 and half month.
Secont time less than one month.

Just make sure that you have all your diplomas translated to German by an official translator.

Good luck :)

(btw: not cool that so many people have read this post without even taking 1 minute to answer......)

Hi Luxiolita,

Thank you for answering and your help ;)

see you around,
Melissa

Thanks Luxiolita for your response.

I have received my visa exactly in a month's time, and I would be relocating to Cologne in mid-december.

battuss wrote:

...I have received my visa exactly in a month's time, and I would be relocating to Cologne in mid-december.

Hello,

What do you mean by visa, Residence Permit or Blue Card ?

Cheers ;)

he means the "Arbeitserlaubnis" allowing you to work in Germany i guess

Battuss: Great news congratulations! and welcome to cologne!

Luxiolita wrote:

he means the "Arbeitserlaubnis" allowing you to work in Germany i guess

Battuss: Great news congratulations! and welcome to cologne!

Thanks, but I want his answer !

I guess he is too busy :rolleyes:

Cheers ;)

battuss wrote:

Thanks Luxiolita for your response.

I have received my visa exactly in a month's time, and I would be relocating to Cologne in mid-december.

Hi,

I was wondering where did you apply for your visa (delhi,mumbai or bangalore)? Also was your contract in German or English? Were there any documents you had to translate to either German to English or vice versa? Please help.

Regards,
Avik Roy