Naturalization after two years of giving birth

Dear all,

I have a few questions please.

I am planning along with my wife to move to Argentina so she can give birth there so my son/daughter can become Argentinean. I also heard that if i live there for two years then i and my wife can get the Argentinean citizenship too.

Do you have any advice for me?

How long would it take for us to get the Permanent Residency to be able to live there for 2 year and hence get the citizenship?

Will i need to apply for the Permanent Residency through the consulate from my home country or do i need to do it right after birth from within Argentina?

Would realy appreciate your help.