Job in Oman inquiry...

hi, fellow expats and locals..newbie here..i'm currently working in an IT Firm here philippines and was given a job offer to work as a professor/instructor in one of the training centers in oman..just want to ask if the salary of 670OR is sufficient for a head of the family with 2 children back at my home country...this includes housing allowance, food allowance, transport allowance, etc..will i be able to save enough for my family's future?

and if i may ask, how much is the approximate monthly cost for the following:

Housing - ?
Food - ?
Transport - ?

assuming i will be assigned in muscat..thanks in advance...:)

ps: please move the topic if this isn't in the right category..thanks..

Hello jprizal.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can take a look to the other threads on Cost of living on the Muscat forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

thanks aurelle..i'll check the link..

You need to tell the area where your training center will be.

housing - Single room 150 OMR
Food - 50-75 Rials
Transport - Depends on area n mode.

670 is good or not... you know better as you know your present salary and coniditions.

@bushcom7, thanks for the reply..it would be a great help for me..

btw, i don't have any idea yet on where will i be deployed, that i will find out once i arrived at oman..

btw, the housing cost you mentioned is actually the actual housing allowance given to us..it's really great knowing that i will be able to get a place to stay for 150 OMR..thank you very much...

you are welcome. There are enormous #s of your country nationals who are living and offering rooms so it should not be a problem. You can also visit muscatads.com or justlanded.com to find rooms n other information.

hi do you have any idea about ROYAL OMAN POLICE HOSPITAL?

Yes... almost every one living in Oman, knows about it.

bushrcom7 wrote:

Yes... almost every one living in Oman, knows about it.

That sounds great.. It wonders me coz I've been asking for information about this from people I know working now in Oman but they won't give me information.

May I know some helpful general information regarding the hospital? Like the services offered? the bed capacity of the hospital? is it great to work there for nurses?
Is the accomodation for Male Nurses are good?
What is the acceptable range of salary for nurses?

it is very well known and big hospital. I dont have such in depth details that how much beds or toilets there.. but rest assure, it is good name in health care industry.

Thank you very much, that really decreases my anxiety. If ever you get to know more info pls do provide me.. as it may be very helpful.

bushrcom7 wrote:

it is very well known and big hospital. I dont have such in depth details that how much beds or toilets there.. but rest assure, it is good name in health care industry.

By the way, you might be referring to ROYAL OMAN HOSPITAL?
Coz its different from ROYAL OMAN POLICE HOSPITAL. DO you have added information?