Coming to the Philippines!!!

I'm not new to Expat.com, but new to the Phillipine forum. Looking to be there by the end of the month and hoping to make some new friends. I've been there before but would like to go to some new places.

Welcome to Expat.com Satcomguy:cheers:

Satcomguy wrote:

I'm not new to Expat.com, but new to the Phillipine forum. Looking to be there by the end of the month and hoping to make some new friends. I've been there before but would like to go to some new places.

Try to visit here in Cebu Philippines. There's a lot of Tourist Spot, a lot of beaches. Im sure you'll enjoy your time here. :)

mary0121 wrote:

Try to visit here in Cebu Philippines. There's a lot of Tourist Spot, a lot of beaches. Im sure you'll enjoy your time here. :)

If I come there will you be my tour guide?

Welcome, feel free to explore the Philippines. Enjoy your stay. Keep us posted for any questions you like to ask. Maybe we can have an answer. :)

Which part of the country have you visited before? 
I see you like scuba diving so Palawan (Coron or El Nido) is a good starting point if you haven't been there.

Last year when our clients were here, I brought them to Boracay for beach bumming, La Union for Surfing, Pangasinan for Island hopping (Hundred Islands) and Bolinao for Spelunking/Caving.

If you want extreme activities, you can try wakeboarding in Naga,  white water rafting in CDO, or climbing Mt. Pulag or Mt. Pinatubo.

Or just go to Baguio, Tagaytay, Bohol, Cebu, or Davao just to enjoy nature.

-just some tips from someone who'd like to travel but can't travel much. :)

I've been travelling in and out of the country. There's an agency here that takes care of my travels here and abroad. Philippines has a variety of places to offer. It depends upon your preference. For me, Philippines is a country of contradictions. You'll find it out when you get here.

versan wrote:

Welcome, feel free to explore the Philippines. Enjoy your stay. Keep us posted for any questions you like to ask. Maybe we can have an answer. :)

Thanks!!!

I've been to Puerto Gallara (scuba diving), a wedding in Tagaytay, Vacation in Manila, Boracay... I've been to a few places, but I want to see some new places. I'm not that much into extreme sports, but once I get in better shap, I may try some of it. You seem to know a lot of cool places! Thanks for the tips!

markenji wrote:

Which part of the country have you visited before? 
I see you like scuba diving so Palawan (Coron or El Nido) is a good starting point if you haven't been there.

Last year when our clients were here, I brought them to Boracay for beach bumming, La Union for Surfing, Pangasinan for Island hopping (Hundred Islands) and Bolinao for Spelunking/Caving.

If you want extreme activities, you can try wakeboarding in Naga,  white water rafting in CDO, or climbing Mt. Pulag or Mt. Pinatubo.

Or just go to Baguio, Tagaytay, Bohol, Cebu, or Davao just to enjoy nature.

-just some tips from someone who'd like to travel but can't travel much. :)

You're welcome! Most tourists and expats go to the beaches since they are the most accessible tourist spots but if you want an extraordinary experience you won't forget, try the mountains - sea of clouds, water falls, natural hot springs, caves etc- they're breathtaking! :)

Hello Charles Harman here, I live near Cebu City the absolutely best place in the Philippines to live. Read the many posts on my informational web site dedicated to those wanting to come to the Philippines. retiringphilippines.org Currently I have helped about 100 people make the move and I do not charge for my services. This is all because of my love for the country and it's people. :cool:

Charles

[Moderated]

There is so much to do in Cebu City you would never run out of things to do and places to go. Soon we are moving to Talisay Cebu which is a town right next to Cebu City and growing, we have one huge SM going up with lots of cool stuff in the Talisay area. We are planning to buy a home and settle in there.

Charles

Welcome to the Philippines! I hope you get to try the well known beaches in this Archipelago country and the cities that have become well liked by the foreigners. Have a meaningful trip here. :)

Hey Satcomguy, welcome to Philippines. I hope you are enjoying your stay here. If you are into racket sports, feel free to message me so I can tag you along at the Makati Sports club and introduce you to fellow other expats as well as trainers there.

You are also welcome to just relax and listen to music while having some beer. They have an on-going October fest this month and local beers are sold as low as 75cents.

Cheers!

I will certainly have to check out your site. Thanks for the great info and I'm sure that I speak for most in saying that we all appreciate your help!

CharlesHarman wrote:

Hello Charles Harman here, I live near Cebu City the absolutely best place in the Philippines to live. Read the many posts on my informational web site dedicated to those wanting to come to the Philippines. retiringphilippines.org Currently I have helped about 100 people make the move and I do not charge for my services. This is all because of my love for the country and it's people. :cool:

Charles

Where to go for 75c beer??? LOL I'm not a big drinker... but that sounds like a great place for people to meet up!

SouthSea Beauty wrote:

Hey Satcomguy, welcome to Philippines. I hope you are enjoying your stay here. If you are into racket sports, feel free to message me so I can tag you along at the Makati Sports club and introduce you to fellow other expats as well as trainers there.

You are also welcome to just relax and listen to music while having some beer. They have an on-going October fest this month and local beers are sold as low as 75cents.

Cheers!

Hey Satcomguy, the place is called Makati Sports Club. I guess they are trying to mimic the beer festival in Munich but not very successful because it's exclusive for members only. Hence, I said, I can tag you along :-) as my guest. 

If you are not a big drinker it should be alright, you can also check out the amenities and dining facilities of the club.

:-)

Satcomguy wrote:

Where to go for 75c beer??? LOL I'm not a big drinker... but that sounds like a great place for people to meet up!

SouthSea Beauty wrote:

Cheers!

Hey! Sounds good to me... When are we doing this?

SouthSea Beauty wrote:

Hey Satcomguy, the place is called Makati Sports Club. I guess they are trying to mimic the beer festival in Munich but not very successful because it's exclusive for members only. Hence, I said, I can tag you along :-) as my guest. 

If you are not a big drinker it should be alright, you can also check out the amenities and dining facilities of the club.

:-)

Satcomguy wrote:

SouthSea Beauty wrote:

Cheers!

Hey bro.

You are gonna enjoy staying in the Philippines. Me personally have been to Cebu city, Tagbilaran, Dumaguete, and currently living in Manila. I do suggest you to go and visit Cebu City, it's not comparable with Manila when it comes to traffics, pollution and friendliness of people.

I hope you do enjoy your stay here in the Philippines.

Take care

I have been to several of the places already mentioned, I would avoid Manila (so many people, so much traffic, pollution and expensive) that it's just not much fun, more trouble than it's worth.

Cebu is nice, beautiful city but to most foreigners it's mostly known for the girls than much else and it's fairly expensive.

I am most experienced in the Northern Mindanao area, but have been to several other areas in Mindanao as well.
Cagayan de Oro City is where I have been living for a long while, it's a fairly large city but it's also easy to get around, I would say it's fairly safe as well.
This area has a lot of parks, trails for hiking, as mentioned before white water rafting, ziplines and is also a decent place for beaches with some of the prettiest mountains, so basically it's a well rounded area.

You should think about taking a ship to places at least once, might take 2-3 days to go from Manila to Mindanao by Super Ferry, but it's not expensive and you will see SO much, it was an incredible experience for me.
Beautiful ocean, see so many beaches, people swimming up to the ship and diving for money being tossed out so on so on.
Oh and the ships are very clean, safe, friendly staff who are very helpful and such.