REAL American style steaks? American TV channels?

Hello everyone, basic questions:  1) Where can I find American cut steaks (e.g.: New York Strip, Porter House, Rib Eye…) I've been to Tesco, Metro and local butcher shops with only VERY thin cut (like 7-8mm thick) “steaks at Tesco and only sometimes are they available.  Had my girlfriend who is native Magyar try to explain to the butcher what I wanted and I either get looks of confusion or am shown a big mound of meat that I cannot identify where it came from on the animal and asked if I want it sliced.
Think T.G. Friday steaks.  I would like to buy these raw and take them home to bar-B-que.  Any help?

2) English language TV… I am looking at T-Mobile and UPC and they have some English channels offered but anyone have satellite or know of a way to get more/all American channels?  CNN, Fox news, HBO, Showtime, Discovery, History are really all I want.

Any help? Thank

Hi!

In the shopping mall Mom Park there is a "meat store", havent bought anything there but it looked really nice. They had "real" meat!

About TV channels, we have UPC and have a package with CNN, BBC, Skynews and a HBO package and HBO on demand. Works really nice! All Discovery channels we have are in English.

/Frida

FridaH wrote:

Hi!

In the shopping mall Mom Park there is a "meat store", havent bought anything there but it looked really nice. They had "real" meat!

About TV channels, we have UPC and have a package with CNN, BBC, Skynews and a HBO package and HBO on demand. Works really nice! All Discovery channels we have are in English.

/Frida

Frida on your UPC are the CNN, BBC, HBO in English too?  Also do you have internet through them?  If you have internet with them what speed and is it good...does the internet drop off line or seem "slow" 

Thanks!!!

Yes they are all in English, with the HBO-channels ( HBO 1,2, HBO comedy, cinemax 1, 2)you choose if you want hungarian or english. We have internet as well fiberpower 120 and my computer geek boyfriends says it is stable and he gets the max speed. Only took a few days before the guy was here and installed everything.

We have history channel and national geographic in english too!

rbr3262 wrote:

am shown a big mound of meat that I cannot identify where it came from on the animal

You of course want the meat from the short loin. If needed, take in a picture and show the butcher where you want the meat from:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BeefCutShortLoin.png

Of course, after that you have to trust your butcher if he actually gives you that part of the meat or not.

It is not the style in Hungary to cut the short loin thick. So it also may need to be a special order.