London UK guy would like to live in Mexico

Looking to live in Mexico some time in the future but how easy would this be, what about work, I currently don't speak Spanish so how much of a problem would this be. Anyone in Mexico especially Brits that could give me advice?

I am mexican but tell me if I can help you, my name is Ignacio

I am a Brit living in Puerto Vallarta and can probably answer most of your questions.  Came here from London three years ago.
colinshamilton at gmail dot com

hi uk guy

well i dont know whats your expertise field but i think its pretty easy to find a job , many enterprices need people that speak english well and here its the main foreign language that almost everybody knows so u will not have problems with that.

by the way if u need specific data let me know

have a good week :)

I hesitate to contradict almost everything you say, Aztecgirl and it might be that conditions in your part of the country are different to those here.
Firstly, jobs are as rare as hen's teeth in PV and Mazatlan, and particularly for a gringo who could be regarded as taking a job from a Mexican. So if you were to be successful in finding employment you would still need to formalise the situation with Immigration. That could be difficult unless you have a rare skill.
Whatever the position, you would need at least a working knowledge of Spanish. You might well deal for most of the time with other visitors and retirees, but it would be awkward to be approached by a Spanish speaker and be unable to deal with them.

Hi,
Well I am living in Mexico and let me tell you that it is true that in some parts of Mexico it would be nearly impossible to find a job. I am in Leon, Guanajuato and here it was really easy to find a job. There many job opportunities here and specially if you are a foreigner. You will be welcome here.

Mark,
not speaking Spanish is no problem as the majority of Mexican people speak English. However if you want to work there you will be required to be bi-lingual unless you plan to open a bus.
That said you will have much more fun and be treated much better if you at least make an effort to speak Spanish.
Try Visual Link an easy method found on the internet. First several lessons are free.
Good luck