Buying ready made baby food in kenya.

hallo,

i live in france and i'm coming to kenya for 3 weeks with my one year old baby, i'd like to visit national parks and probably go to the coast with her. i'd like to know if in supermarkets i can get ready made packed baby food, as this would be so practical when i travel with her

thanking you in advance pour your answers

Thread moved on the Kenya forum. I hope another member will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Christine

Hi,

You'll find some in Nairobi's supermarkets Nakumatt) or at pharmacies in large shopping malls (Westgates, Yaya Center, Sarit Center).  Most of them are imported (big brand like Nestlé, etc.) so no particular issues regarding the quality of the product itself;  nonetheless, it's somehow expensive because there are imported products.  Powder milk is also largely available.

If you go to Mombasa, you better do a stock in Nairobi. Otherwise, fruits are nice as long as you make sure you eat "closed" fruits like bananas, mangoes, papayas;  mashed fruits with biscuits would be very good for your baby!!

If you go to the coast, do not forget about malaria...  I don't think you can give anti-malaria drugs to your baby => clothes with long sleeves, socks, mostiquo nets, mix cream with natural mostiquo repellent (like essence of citronella)

That's it !!

See you

hello,

Thanks so much for this valuable information