5 good reasons for living in Portugal

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Portugal, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

#1 has to be the weather!

I agree with Piglet on #1!
#2 would be the more relaxed pace of life
#3 the diversity and beauty of the countryside
#4 the charms and history of the towns and cities
#5 people are generally kind and helpful (with the exception of certain bureaucratic agencies)

Hi Julien.
weather - we have sunshine 300 days a year, and with good temperature
Food - the food of Mediterranean origin are a delight
people - we are people, friendly and communicative
history - we are a country with over 800 years of history
music - and now our fado heritage of UNESCO

what more do you need to visit us?

Weather, Food, People, relaxed & Peaceful

Hi everybody! I guess I am the perfect person to describe it because I came from Angola in 1979 and live in the Algarve since then.

1st - The perfect location in the south west corner of Europe just above Africa gives us the most strategic location for many reasons, one of it is that we are close to "everywhere", we are in the middle of the civilized world, whenever you are in Europe you can reach Portugal within 2 hours flight or a bit more.

2nd - The perfect people who learn foreign languages to be able to understand and help visitors / holiday makers which put Portuguese people as perfect hosts and friendly people, well educated, humble, sympathetic, open minded, the majority of the Portuguese people welcome everybody and you will feel like you are in your own country when you start having friends here.

3rd - The marvelous weather makes Portugal the paradise of Europe, specially the Algarve weather that invites for lots of joy along the coastal areas, burning some of the extra weight increasing comfort and good looking. There is no such climate in Europe and this which gives extra production of melatonin to everyone who visits Portugal and itŽs beneficial sun exposure.

4th - The food! S U P E R B! The traditional Portuguese food is not better than anyone but surely it is very tasty and rich in flavor. Personally i always put lots of those local aromatic and medicinal herbs to give it an interesting flavor but also help digestion.

5th - A country of opportunities and very good place to relocate or retire. Gladly we still are a safe place to live and there is not so much criminality as we might think, before we speak we should read European statistics for security and criminality, better than Portugal in this matter just Switzerland or Luxemburg, as far as I have read there is not other country in Europe with lower criminality rates.

It is very easy to put your children in a Portuguese state school and they will get friends easily because most of our young children already speak english quite well, teachers are aware of their need to support new students coming for the new yearŽs program and surely you will find testimonies of people stating it clearly.

Integrating with the Portuguese is so very easy that only if you put yourself back you will not be able to find lots of Portuguese friends "just like that", when you see a Portuguese people smiling at you and complimenting you it is time for you to step in and shake hands, they smile at you like saying "I like you and we can be friends as long as you respect me", I guess a smile works like that anywhere in the world but specially here, Portuguese people usually smile first, take it!

Unfortunately Portugal is not only "easy going people" but we also have quite a few bad stuff over here, before you hire anybody here just ask everything in writing, as long as you give this people trust and confidence they will make it easy for you, you can negotiate anything with them, just follow your sensible touch and think like a Portuguese, make questions, speak more even though you have just one mouth and 2 ears ( Portuguese people can be suspicious with silent people, that is not good for them, they like people who communicate and show themselves in and out ).

Well, if you want to know more about the Portuguese people ( I already am a Portuguese guy and do not want anything else ) just put your questions over here, I certainly will help totally free of charge!

hello to live in potrugal is the best cantry in europ  for clyment and pees good food  and cleen biches live stilleis resnabol  but for work and mek many  is not wery good   regards  borco

iTS TRUE BUT BE CAREFULL WITH THE TAXATRIONS

iF I WRITE LIKE THAT YOU MUST CALCULATED MY VERY GOOD ENGLISH "TAXATRIONS"

Hi J.C.LUCAS !

Could you avoid posting in caps lock as well please?

Thanks
Armand