5 good reasons for living in Poland

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Poland, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

1.  Culture--the willingness to help out and generosity with homemade foods (my experience so far after less than a month!)

2.  Standard of Living--you can eat and live healthy without breaking the bank

3.  Scenery - All of the public parks and plenty of places for history buffs

4.  Pace - things are a little slower, much more peaceful (compared to living in the States or many big cities in South America)

5.  Food!  I love the variety of breads, cold water fish, meats,traditional foods, and the availability of other foods from the EU.

Does visiting a Polish friend in a small town near Krakow for five days this summer, give me enough experience of Poland to comment here?... well maybe...

One of the greatest experiences of my life. Loved it. I think I agree with the other posts here so far. Coming from England I was struck very strongly be the much stronger sense of tradition. I stayed with my friend's family eating stunning food, most of it organic from their garden a few miles away. I was lucky to get incredible weather. I visited the beautiful countryside and forests. I ate ice cream sundae in Krakow. I went to Auschwitz. So much. So the five best things for me are:

1. The strong sense of family and feeling for tradition.

2. What struck me as a more laid back approach: fewer rules and regulations seemed to be enforced.

3. Relating to point one, a more homogenous society. I felt like I was visiting a cohesive society not just a country.

4. The weather was great... especially in contrast to this year's UK 'summer'. It's cooled down over there now of course, but hey, at least they had some very warm months.

5. I was not prepared for how incredibly cheap it is there. Not really a benefit for Polish people, it's all relative, but as a visitor it was pretty breathtaking.

I've reached five, but I could have added the beauty of Krakow and the countryside. Krakow was very special and seemed peaceful, devoid of heavy traffic, and not overly busy. Perfect.

I want to live there! Do you know Poland well, Julien?