Decent real estate agent for long term lease???

Can anyone recommend a decent real estate agent for long term leases - we're moving to Florence for work, minimum 2 years, but we want to live outside of the city, and we'd prefer an unfurnished place as we have all our own furniture. Anything on the Net is for v short term, it seems...? Any advice would be great. Thanks so much. Nicola

hi have you tried casa.it? there are alot of agents on there and most want you to sign a 4 year contract.  the only way i could find short term contracts was by speaking to holiday home owners and doing a deal with them.
but most unfurnished (non arredetto) rentals are for 4 year contracts.  There are many for around 600-800euros a month plus utilities.   for example this one want 3 years + contract http://www.casa.it/immobili/14995579.ht … sidenziale
hope this is helpful to you.
we will be in florence in july 2010.
Maleena.

possibly Knight Frank although they specialize in sales they also have some rentals and they're British, easy to deal with

nicola333 wrote:

Can anyone recommend a decent real estate agent for long term leases - we're moving to Florence for work, minimum 2 years, but we want to live outside of the city, and we'd prefer an unfurnished place as we have all our own furniture. Anything on the Net is for v short term, it seems...? Any advice would be great. Thanks so much. Nicola

did tou try www.tecnocasa.it? you might find something on there...if other websites come to mind i'll let you know...

We are coming to Italy for a year, with our children and 2 dogs.  Is it difficult to find a home for us?  I have read it is dog friendly unlike the USA.  Where should I look for Florence?  An apartment is an unlikely fit for us.

Thank You

check out vrbo.com.  Some owners might be open to a long term lease.

good luck!