I found a super duper khmer teacher !! who wants classes ?

let me know :)<3 Alina

Hello Alina.

Do not hesitate to recommend this person into the Cambodia Business directory. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

yaaaa.. that's a great idea !

thank you :)

where in cambodia ??

close to russian market phnom penh :)

Aaliyah01 wrote:

let me know :)<3 Alina

Where is it? And how much do he/ she demand pr hour, week, month.

I have been looking or a khmer teacher several times, but they have only seen dollars, not me as a person. So it never turned into real world, real life.

yeah shes nice , her name is Soda ,  shes teaching not at KSL.in Phnom Penh .. its  near toul toum pong market aka russian market.. they charge 5 $ per hour ( its about 45 mins actually..) but if theres a group N outside of KSL, then maybe around 3 $

Aaliyah01 wrote:

yeah shes nice , her name is Soda ,  shes teaching not at KSL.in Phnom Penh .. its  near toul toum pong market aka russian market.. they charge 5 $ per hour ( its about 45 mins actually..) but if theres a group N outside of KSL, then maybe around 3 $

Thanks. A teacher in a primary school makes 62 dollars a month.

I am in another province, I was ready to pay 2 dollars pr lesson, 30 minutes, I cant stay concentrated more than half an hour.

I have been i contact with three different people, who wanted to teach me Khmer.

They all started up with some examples how much other people had paid them.

One of the three was a waiter. He made 30 dollars a month working 10 to 15 hours a day, he wanted 6 dollars per lesson from me.

oo wow..really?? that's it? 62 $ ?.. gosh... poor guy..:( the lowest salary i know is 60 $ and its a cleaner lady job , everything else is 100 minimum ...

yeah,  even this KSL is charging 5 $ per hour plus 40 $ the registration..Initially i said i wanna take 3 months N they gave me a 30 $ discount so for 1 month I had 1 hour daily M-F for 70 $ but was almost never 1 hour .. maybe 40 .but the second month they changed it  back to 5 $ per hour .. N oh well nobody learns a language in 1 month so  it's quite a long term thing N i don't really wanna pay 5 $ per 45 mins ..lol.. so now i'm left with no option but to take a private teacher . The Ksl have books N all N its pretty cool .. but i think 5$ is a bit expensive

but oh well it's 4 $ a bottle of milk  so 30 $ per month working 10-15 hours is really crappy . can't blame him .

Aaliyah01 wrote:

but oh well it's 4 $ a bottle of milk  so 30 $ per month working 10-15 hours is really crappy . can't blame him .

He dosnt drink milk. We are in Cambodia. If he teach Khmer people, he will get 40 cent per hour.

He is sharing a room at the prize of 20 dollars, and then share it with four other people.

Or he stay with his family. No rent at all.

Inside and outside Phnom Penh, textile workers get around 60 dollars to 80 dollars per month, including extra hours.

hmmm.. u sound jealous on his lifestyle 0_O

Aaliyah01 wrote:

hmmm.. u sound jealous on his lifestyle 0_O

By the way, if the school charge 5 dollars per hour, how much do you think they pay the teacher?

1 dollar?

1,5 dollar?

jealous on his lifestyle

Do you try to be smart, or something?

they're paying half

nah , not trying "to be smart or something" but by the way you describe how 30 $ is enough to live with,you  truly sound jealous on their lifestyle.

just because you have as examples the worst scenarios of salaries  it's not the rule for the majority and the experience does add to the salary , so does the educational qualifications , salaries range from 60 $ for an illiterate person doing an illiterate person's job to 1000 $ per month for a cambodian person in a leading position of a college, per example.
paying 20 $ per room and sharing it too, it doesnt sound like a decent life option to me.. or maybe i'm just too spoiled.
30 $ as a salary its misery.. i was just thinking the other day how i must take my pet to the vet and only the  consultation costs 25$ .. thats just for the vet..
in times like these i personally can only pity those who work 15 hours per day to hold 30 $ in their pockets at the end of the month, and after all this with all the foreigners coming spending thousands and thousands of dollars on  barely nothing much , one should be grateful that these people don't kill u for whatever you hold in your pocket at the moment , cz its definitely more than they earn in a month.
can't blame them.

Aaliyah01 wrote:

just because you have as examples the worst scenarios of salaries  it's not the rule for the majority and the experience does add to the salary , so does the educational qualifications , salaries range from 60 $ for an illiterate person doing an illiterate person's job to 1000 $ per month for a cambodian person in a leading position of a college, per example.
paying 20 $ per room and sharing it too, it doesnt sound like a decent life option to me.. or maybe i'm just too spoiled.
30 $ as a salary its misery.. i was just thinking the other day how i must take my pet to the vet and only the  consultation costs 25$ .. thats just for the vet..
in times like these i personally can only pity those who work 15 hours per day to hold 30 $ in their pockets at the end of the month, and after all this with all the foreigners coming spending thousands and thousands of dollars on  barely nothing much , one should be grateful that these people don't kill u for whatever you hold in your pocket at the moment , cz its definitely more than they earn in a month.
can't blame them.

How much is left for your wonderful teacher when the boss has taken his or her share?

In this discussion I am thinking and writing about teachers, waiters, etc. etc. Not people who work as managers. We can take that discussion if you insist, maybe in another tread, but at the moment its about teacher, khmer language courses, etc etc.

The scenario with people sharing a room, 80% up to 95% of unskilled workers, students, etc live like that.

I have two buildings just at the other site of my road, where students lives like that, one room for aprox 4 people 30 dollars. They are even smiling, playing badminton, flirting, keep girlfriends, boyfriends, etc. The are simply Khmer people. Many o them eat pets, cats and dogs, better be aware of your pet if there is more than 200 grams of meat in it.

I am sorry if that is disturbing for you, but thats life. In Cambodia.

Once again: How much do your teacher get from the five dollars. My guess, based on 22 years in Asia, is that she get lesser than what I was ready to pay for 30 minutes, for one hours work.

i already told u ..my "wonderful"teacher gets half.

i'm really not interested in fighting with anyone here, and whatever  they eat or they don;t eat  i'm sure its not of personal choice but out of necessity.

i believe this discussion is over.

Aaliyah01 wrote:

i already told u ..my "wonderful"teacher gets half.

i'm really not interested in fighting with anyone here, and whatever  they eat or they don;t eat  i'm sure its not of personal choice but out of necessity.

i believe this discussion is over.

If the teacher get 2.50 ddollars for one hours work, then she is lesser paid, than my offer to a waiter for 30 minutes. At his place. No time waisting, no tranport cost.

Yes tell me more thanks !! :D