Immigration

Hello, everyone,

I'm an American citizen living in Rabat.  I arrived on August 18th of this year.  How long would I have to stay in Spain to get another 3 months on my visa (passport)?

And...I have searched in vain for the Moroccan immigration office here in Rabat.  Does anyone have the telephone number and/or address?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Alexa

The services you need to get in touch with as for immigration matters are the police at the "prefecture de police". If you need to find the place it is in Rabat, just get a cab and ask for it ;) They know about it for sure !!

Meanwhile, are you willing to stay in Morocco and work here as an employee ? If so, the employer is supposed to be in charge of all the requested proceedures and get in touch with the ANAPEC (local employment administration) and the labor minister...

Hello,

Thanks so much for the information.

I do work through the Internet here.  I don't have an employer in Morocco.  I've gone through getting a resident visa in Mexico, and, if I'm going to stay in Morocco, I'll have to get one here.  Meanwhile, I just want the additional 3 months.

Thanks again.

Alexa

If you just want the additional 3 months, go to Spain for a week end, and get back to Rabat. That will be enough.

Nevertheless, if you are working as a self-employed person in Morocco, are you paid in Morocco or in the US or Mexico (or any other country you may have chosen) ?

Hi,

I'm an independent contractor and am virtually working in the U.S.  I'm also paid by a U.S. company and checks are deposited to my U.S. bank.

Best,
Alexa

As such, it's safer from a tax point of view, in Morocco ;)

Yes, I know, since I researched that issue before moving here.  I do pay taxes in the U.S. and, anyway, I don't get rich interpreting.

Best,
Alexa