Obtaining a Resident Visa

Dear Friends,

We are family of 3 I, my wife and 4 year son wish to move to Dominican Republic within a couple of months.
I am working as a software product developer/architect with a Canada based company from India. Would like to continue work remotely from DR.
Seeks help in applying resident visa, we would be staying there for 2 years, then may come back to India.

Is there any one who can help us in filing visa application.

Thanks in advance.
Jay

Hello Jay.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll soon be advised by other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

The process recently has changed and gotten much more difficult I would suggest you contact a lawyer here to help with the process.

Bob K

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have in contact with a lawyer from Guzman Ariza.
Thanks,
Jay

They are a good firm. A bit expensive but very good. We personaly use them for certain things.

Bob K

I have also heard that they are good and old, but I feel they are very slow. Also they did not properly respond my queries. This is just a personal opinion; other people may have different experiences with them.   
Thanks, Jay

Jayansh,

Regard to the new law, ( May 2012) , the first step if you are looking for the residence is to contact the Dominican Embassy close to you, and ask them a " visa de residencia" you can do every thing by email.
When you arrive in RD with this document , you have the first step to start the " residencia provisional"
If you come as tourist , you don't need any document from the Dominican Embassy. You just pay 10 USD for the arrival.
The cost to have the residencia provisional is more or less 1000 USD and take at least 4 month.
If you need more details , i have the new list of requirments.
Sorry for my bad English.

I'd like to know more about the new requirements.  My husband & I are looking to relocate if we can make it work.  Any information you can provide us with would be greatly appreciated!!

Like I said in your other post you need to start the process in your home country by applying for a resident visa at the Dominican Embassy or consulate. Unless you are fluent in Spanish than I would also reccomend that you contact a  lawyer here for the process. If you PM me I would be happy to give you the information on the lawyer that we used as well as our clients and friends use.

Like I also stated in you other post you might want to come and visit for a couple of months to check out different areas and job oppertunities before starting the process of residency.

Bob K