I want to move from india to norway.

Hello Friends.

Karan here. i am from india.i would like to move here soon for job seeker visa. sounds great that friendly atmophsear over here.

friends can you please help me? there are so many doubts i am having before shifting there.

how much i can earn? i did MBA from india. but i am willing to do any kind of job like in departmental stores or at mcdonals or at resorts etc.
after all expence how much i can save?
how can i find jobs there? should i first find job from india and then i should move there or i can get job easily after shifting there?

friends please help me out, i know i have many doubts but i am new and i want to move from india to norway.

Regards,
Karan Mehta
[email protected]

Hi Karan,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created as from your post on Oslo forum as you were off topic on the other discussion.

Best of luck,
Christine

Getting a job is difficult.
better find an job before coming here.

For all kinds of job, you need to know Norwegian, and it is very expensive to live here without a job.

Hello buddy,

thanks for reply
ya i heard a lot about how difficult to find a job without knowning local language i;e : norwegian.
my visa is in process and i am lerning norwegian language form here only.
do you think after knowing lil norwegian it is possible to get job for survival. i am willing to do any kind of job.

thnks
waiting for your reply

by the way itapadar, can you please share you experiance, being an non-norwegian how can you survive? how you get job? accomodation? etc. ?

Hai,

I wasnt desperate to come to norway. I had a job in India, and the employer had an opening here in Norway, which I was interested in.

That is how I happened to land in Norway. Getting a job is difficult if you do not have norwegian experience.

hei :)
jeg trying to learn norwegian language. hope i can learn it atleast 50 % for getting job.

keep in touch

tusun takk
Karan...

Its impossible to find a job without the Norwegian language. There are people from Sweden coming here (Swedish is very similar to Norwegian, so they understand each other) and they can't find jobs, so you guys have no chance.. Get a job before you come! That way you'll avoid disappointment and using up all your savings for something that doesn't work out...

I completely agree with the above post.

learning Tusen takk is not norwegian. You need be almost perfect in everything you do to get things rolling. For eg, do get a driving license, you need to know driving almost perfectly and follow rules 100% before you get a license. Cause practical tests happen for 1 hour driving with the evaluator on normal traffic roads. And regarding the savings part, yes, in my above eg, to get a driving license you need to atleast spend 25000 NOK for classes and test and atleast 3 months of time to get a license.

So, it is not easy in anyways to get a job, if you do not have norwegian exp. Swedish is very similar to Norwegian, and there are plenty of them who comes daily across the border to get a job and better pay, and mostly occupy all the store jobs.

So my advise again would be to get a job and come here. No consultancy's even bother how many degrees you have or what company exp you have. They just dont bother to see you, if no Norwegian exp.

NAV doesnt help either, as they have plenty of cases in priority before you.

Sorry to disapoint, but this is truth. All the best.

Thank you very much tullika & itapadar for ur advise and guidance, i will definatly keep in mind these points.

thnx again for saying the truth.

Dont come if you dont have a job. The job market is very tough for non-norwegians