Moving to Nairobi October 10th + Official Introduction

Hello everyone,

It is official now, I will be moving to Nairobi in October, so I thought I should officially introduce myself. I am Filip, born and raised in Serbia, but then liven in Scotland for 10 years. I have spent the last year in Canada getting a post-degree in Marketing, to add onto my degree in Business Management that I got in the UK.

I will be working in Nairobi as a Sales & Marketing Manager. However, I am also an excellent business analyst, so if you know anyone that needs a business anaylst/marketing advisor, let me know. :)

I am hoping to make many friends there, which is also why I joined this website. Even though I worked in Nairobi for 2 months last summer, I still feel that it is foreign to me and that I have much to learn and explore. I am friendly and fun to hang around with, so if you want a good friend you can rely on, I am here.

My main interests are all sorts of sports really. I have a black belt in karate, played basketball for the last 12 years, and volleyball for 5 years. I also like to chill out, hang out with friends, play some games, etc. History and physics are areas I will always be interested in and always want to learn something new.

I can't think what else to write, but hopefully I have given you enough to at least introduce myself a bit.

I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Welcome Filip!

I'm in Nairobi since August, I'm a spanish guy. Write me when you come to be able to meet.

Good luck!

Cool :) Where in Spain are you from? I have visited Spain a few times over the last few years

Barcelona!

My uncle lives in Catalonia on the coast, I've been there a few times

well, am an ethiopian lady. i have lived in kenya some years. However, i have spent most of my life in Europe and Middle east.

I met many filipinos when i was in UAE. i made some friends with them.
I would not mind meeting u if ur interested that is. If not, that's ok.

Seble82 wrote:

well, am an ethiopian lady. i have lived in kenya some years. However, i have spent most of my life in Europe and Middle east.

I met many filipinos when i was in UAE. i made some friends with them.
I would not mind meeting u if ur interested that is. If not, that's ok.

Of course, the more new friends, the better!

Hi Filip.

Welcome to Nairobi. I'm Hellen from Tanzania, working in Nairobi with an Australian Foundation. Hope to meet you when youa are around.

Hellen.

Thanks Hellen, hope to meet you too.

ok, good. feel free to inbox me anytime

hello Fillip

Welcome to Nairobi once again.I may be inviting for some networking event.

Cheers
Vivien

Thanks Vivien, I would be up for any networking event.

hello,welcome to nairobi,

Hi Fillip,

Welcome to Kenya. You seem to have great experience (professional and otherwise) and it would be great to meet you.

By the way, would like to take you up on your offer on the professional side: marketing and business analysis. The startup scene in Nairobi is heating up and my company works a lot with startups. Would be great to get advice from time to time from a professional on those issues (and maybe even with time a more formal partnership)

If you ever in town, would love to hear from you and the honor of buying you your first tusker!!

Robi
esialimba(at)afrovumbua.com

karike wrote:

hello,welcome to nairobi,

Thank you :)

Sachmo wrote:

Hi Fillip,

Welcome to Kenya. You seem to have great experience (professional and otherwise) and it would be great to meet you.

By the way, would like to take you up on your offer on the professional side: marketing and business analysis. The startup scene in Nairobi is heating up and my company works a lot with startups. Would be great to get advice from time to time from a professional on those issues (and maybe even with time a more formal partnership)

If you ever in town, would love to hear from you and the honor of buying you your first tusker!!

Robi
esialimba(at)afrovumbua.com

Hi Robi,

There are only about 2 weeks left until I move to Kenya, and once I do, I will do my best to help you out.

For the time being, can you message me more about your company and what it does?

Filip

Hey Filip, I too welcome you to Kenya. I'm Kenyan and currently living in Nairobi and will glad to meet you once you come. Please feel free to email me. Thanks

My name is Emily. I have a 3 bed roomed bungalow furnished home in Nairobi's Imara Daima estate. I use one bedroom when i visit Nairobi with my family because I live out of Nairobi. I am looking for a tenant that does not mind this arrangement.
Thanks and regards

Hey Emily, I'm Dalmas. I need a single bedroom,is it okay with you? May I also know how much you'll charge me please. Feel free to contact me, thanks!

[Moderated: Please post in Housing in Kenya section]