Living in Athens

I am considering the opportunity of coming to work in Athens, am currently living/working in the UK.  Am a single woman not in the first flush of youth! how easy would it be to find a social life and is it easy for a single woman to be accepted in the local community?

Welcome on Expat-blog land ho!

I moved the thread on the Athens forum. I hope another member will be able to help you.

Wish you good luck.
Christine

Social life is easy and so is being a woman and single, the problem is to find work, theyre allowed here to refuse you if you are not the age "they want"...

Uhmm,

My advice is: secure a job before coming here. Even with that, they can "forget everything" the day you get. Or just try to abuse your situation. Be really careful.

If possible use Greek advice in every move. Contracts paid in black money without any kind of insurance are not strange here.

hi
its better if you can speak Greek but there are some english schools if you want to teach english but some qualifications are required.

Everybody doesn't speak english in Athens (I mean in the center + suburbs), so sometimes it's quite difficult to communicate.
But learning greek is not impossible et greek people really appreciate the effort.
Concerning job, if you don't have some connections in athens, and if you don't speak greek, it could really be difficult...
I don't know your job but salaries here can be really "light"...
But Greece is a beautifull country where life is really nice!