No, I do not own a pet kangaroo!

Howdy all!

I moved to LA from Australia just under a year ago.. loving being here, but I must say, I'm getting a little tired of people asking me if I own a kangaroo lol

Aside from that, LA is an amazing city (once you've got an awesome playlist on your ipod to get you through the hectic traffic!!) I would like to meet more people to explore.. whether it be enjoying a hike or checking out a funky new bar...

Any tips on cool places to see are most welcome too :)

Naomi

Hi Naomi,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have moved your topic on Los Angeles forum for better visibility.

All the best,
Christine

G'day
I understand where your coming from. I have a smile when they say "keep talking" , "we could listen to you for hours".
Had some friends here going when I messed with them saying we ride the big boomers in the outback, much better than horses. They know better :)

No one has pet kangaroos, its all wallabies, correct?
Many of us oldsters got our down under info in the 1960's from  "Tie me kangaroo down, sport"
Good Luck in LA!!

According to my calendar January 26th is Australia Day
Happy Australia Day, mates

Naomi.G wrote:

Howdy all!

I moved to LA from Australia just under a year ago.. loving being here, but I must say, I'm getting a little tired of people asking me if I own a kangaroo lol

Aside from that, LA is an amazing city (once you've got an awesome playlist on your ipod to get you through the hectic traffic!!) I would like to meet more people to explore.. whether it be enjoying a hike or checking out a funky new bar...

Any tips on cool places to see are most welcome too :)

Naomi

This a so funny. I believe that is going to be a common question. We tend to try and break the ice with humor not taking into account how many times someone might have been asked the same question over and over again. As far a LA traffic. When I lived there the radio was horrible. I actually invested in Sirius/XM satellite radio as I did not have reception issues. However, iPods work too!

Welcome and enjoy!