New people in Asuncion?

Hi everyone!! I just arrived in Asuncion from Ottawa, Canada two days ago. I would love to meet people to go out to explore the city. I am Colombian but I studied and lived in Canada for ten years.

Hi Andrés,
I suggest you check out the Paraguay Expats facebook group.  The next meeting will be this Saturday the 15th. Will be a good place to meet people! Also since you have just arrived you may find this post useful:
http://discoveringparaguay.com/home/new … nllegados/

Thanks a lot!

Hooray for more Canadians!

We'll be down there for our scouting trip in October... and then if all goes well, the family will be moving down in December.

Would my wife, child and I be able to join you guys for a meeting while we do our initial visit? We'll be in town for two weeks.

Hey everyone,

I'm from Winnipeg, Canada and I'm moving to Asuncion Paraguay soon too! I dont have a definate date but I've been looking for fellow canadians who are living paraguay as well! Are any of you going to be living close to San Lorenzo? Thats the area I'll be living in.

Hi guys! I am also new in Asuncion but by the time you guys get here ill know a little more. Anything you need i could help.

I will be coming down on a scouting mission at the end of September, and would LOVE to participate in one of the Asuncion meetups if possible. Are they every Saturday?

Sadly, my wife and kid won't be with me on this first trip... but I'll be taking a lot of notes to pave the way safely and smoothly for when we make the move official in November.

I'll especially need some help from you guys when it comes to choosing what neighbourhood to live in. I have a feeling that I won't have a lot of time to decide when I get there, as I don't want to do more than a few weeks in a hotel.

Wow!  I'm impressed, more and more Canadians! 

Once upon a time I think I was the only one...

The expat meetings normally take place once a month, but there's nothing stopping any of us from meeting on other occasions.  There's also an expat or better said "English-speaking" dinner on Tuesdays, if you're interested.

@Tera1010  I live in San Lorenzo, more precisely in the "Barcequillo" neighbourhood.

@FreeRangeJoel  About those neighbourhoods, it is quite a personal question and depends largely on your budget and exactly what you're looking for.  How long are you staying at the end of September?  2 weeks? When exactly are you arriving?  If you don't want to give "everybody" the info, you can also send me a private message.

I have been living here for 2 years now.  No company sent me here, I came by choice.  My husband is Paraguayan. 

And I love Paraguay, with all its positive and negative aspects.  But eh!  What country IS perfect on this lovely planet of ours?

Julie