Moving to KL in December

Hello, we are moving to KL in December for my husbands work. My children (10yrs and 12yrs) will probably be attending AISM.

What I would like to know is if Mont Kiara is a good place to live and how long would it take to get to the school in the mornings?  I know there is a school bus, and they may end up using that. My husband will be working near KLCC. Will the drive in the morning take a long time for him?

I have read so much about the traffic being horrendous. Starting to wonder if Mont Kiara is the right place to live. Should I be looking at Bangsar or Ampang as well? I need an area where we are all happy. I don't want the kids travelling too much but I also don't want my husband stuck in traffic for hours each day.

Thank You.

Hello imir.

Welcome to Expat Blopg! :)

Hope you'll soon get some responses from other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

If your kids is going to AISM, I would suggest you looking at Gita Bayu, Country Heights or The Mines area. If is using the Seremban highway, then try the Smart Tunnel (underground...heard is only good in Sunny day, not rainy day bcoz it will flooding during heavy rain...please correct me if I'm wrong.)only take approx 20mins to KLCC.

Recently Mont Kiara - every morning/peak hours/International schools morning dropping off the children and afternoon when the children finished school are jam.

May be members here do have children from Mont Kiara to AISM to sharing their experience. :)

Hi Chester,

thank you for the information. I had wondered about Gita Bayu but was worried the travelling for my husband might be worse than from Mont Kiara. Might investigate a little further into this area.

Do you know if the train from The Mines area takes long to get to KLCC?

I am not sure where the Smart Tunnel is, but that does sound like a bit of a hindrance.

Thanks again,

Imir

Hey
The train from Mines area near AISM is probably Serdang Station. To get to KLCC from there would take about an hour as you'd have to take the komuter and change to lrt at KL Sentral. To drive to KLCC will also take about that long, depends on traffic. If traffic is good, it'd be about half an hour.

Hope this helps

thanks elliya88.
That information is great. I think if travelling to KLCC takes that long we may be better off looking at Mont Kiara or Bangsar areas.

Appreciate the time you have taken to help me out.

Imir

well, but if you live in mont kiara, then it'd be too far from the school. it depends on whether you'd rather be nearer to the school or klcc. =)