Regarding Residence Permit Application Help!!

Hi All,

I would really appreciate if anyone could help in filling my residence permit form for Mauritius. First to get right I am filling the "Application to Enter the Mauritius". As My wife is a Mauritian citizen the passport and visa website of the government says that I have to fill this form.(REF:Application should be made on the prescribed form "Application to Enter Mauritius" which is also available on the Internet Passport and Immigration "http//:passport.gov.mu".)

Can anyone please let me know that what should I fill in the following points
1. Purpose of Application?
2.Duration of Stay (We both are planning to stay there permanently)
3. Where do I have to mention its a residence permit application.
4. Do I have to write my wife's information as a dependent as she is the citizen of Mauritius?

Please advise me. Thanking you.

Regards,
vin

Hello Vin.

These articles on Visas in Mauritius might help. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurélie...

Hi,
I am not too sure but I think you can enter Mauritius on a visit vist, that will be for 2 months. After entering the country you will have enough time to do your medicals and get assistance locally to help you with your residence permit.

Cheers
Terence

I tend to agree with terence.

You'll just have to sort out the paperwork while on "holiday" ;)

Wait! You are applying for a residence permit as Spouse of a Mauritian citizen or in any other capacity? You need to get this right first, cause there are different forms for Spouse citizenships.  Don't rely on the website...I don't (do you Julien!?) :)

In any case, coming to Mauritius on holiday is always nice! Except if you are applying for a work permit (not occupation permit) where holidays are forbidden by law. LOL.