Hello! Moving to Bangkok 26/09/12 - New Member

Hi Everyone!

Im Paul and from the UK. Moving to bangkok on the 26th september due to a re-location with work from my UK employer. Will be living in and around the sukhumvit area (although exact location not yet known!)and my stay is likely to be of 2 or more years. As i dont know anyone in Bangkok, im really keen to meet up with any like minded individuals - would be good to meet some new people and make some new friends to hang out with at weekends and to help me/join me in exploring thailand! Looking forward to hearing from u - Paul :)

Hello Paul.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

hi paul...ill be in bangkok a few weeks earlier than you...feel free to PM me...

Hi there,

First of all my name is Mai and I'm Thai worked and lived in BKK for about 4 years now, I came from the north of Thailand. I love to make new friends and show them around and hang out and all. I'd love to teach you my culture.

well I can take you to the best exotic Thai food in Bangkok(My friend's kitchen in a hostel)I live about 25 mins by bus away from the city(Victory monument) I'm looking forward to meet you since you will have to live here for about 2 years or more

The kitchen I talked about, is in the hostel where we have this "Sunday Dinner hangout" every week, the idea of this dinner is to meet new CS(Couch surfing)friends at the hostel and together with the guests themselves. at around 3-4 pm we go to the Thai market to get stuff, then come to cook together at the hostel, for those who can't come early will follow later for dinner at around 7-8pm, the share is about 150 Baht each for the meal. Normally we do the Thai dishes but new dishes every week, sometime we come up with international meal if some guests want to give it a shot. So do you!

looking forward to hearing from you and meeting you and be friend with you
Cheers
Mai

that sounds fun, hope I can join...unfortunately, I have yet to arrive in Thailand...

Hey Paul, I am also new in Bangkok! I arrived on the very same day: the 26.09. I would really like to discover Bangkok or get some drinks if you want!
Best regards
Susi