Advice PLEASE

I am currently talking to a woman in Ukraine and she is telling me that she wants to come visit me. I KNOW I KNOW what your going to say. I have heard it and aware of it, however she emailed me and told me that a Travel package for her to come here to the USA would cost her $300 USD and that is suppose to cover the Visa,Passport and tickets. IS THIS ACCURATE?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone advise.
Greatfully

Below is what she wrote.

My dear .. Yesterday I went to an accountant who makes instruments for the purchase of travel packages to ask for a price list .. But it was impossible to get this paper. This price list is issued in the form of a check when buying a tourist package. It shall bear the stamp and signature of the director of payment. So I can not give you now the document .. The prices for tickets and visa you can look on the internet. I'm not hiding anything and I will not deceive you. But I do not have an international passport, which I needed for the trip. My passport is $ 300. I can do it for one week .. Can you help me with a passport? Although cheaper to buy the whole package holiday and there will be no problems with the visa. The package includes a passport, tickets and visa. And I have great discounts on tickets .. I can come to you for one month for the first time .. But if our relationship will develop, I do not want to leave on you! I wanted to stay forever.
When we start preparing the documents?

Merely tickets are about 1000 usd. Do not believe her:(

She has informed me that she works for a tourist agency.

Also as I mentioned I am aware that this might be a hoax.....any advice on what I can say to see how serious her intentions are without coming out and asking. I have already done that.

Also I am confused about visas......would she need a visa if she is only going to be here less than 90 days. My understanding is she does not.

@ TheSARGE its a scam, report scam safety

How do you know?

@theSARGE
It is you gf so you know better than everyone what to tell her.

And you are on a Ukrainian forum asking about US visas? Just to make your life easier I will notify you that Ukrainian citizens have to obtaine visas in any case when they want to visit the US.

If you are not a troll, then my advice to you is to stop communication with her (or maybe even with HIM) and with anyother "girls" from other countries because sooner or later you will get scammed.

TheSARGE wrote:

Also I am confused about visas......would she need a visa if she is only going to be here less than 90 days. My understanding is she does not.

If Ukrainians can get visa free access to the US, the official language in the US very soon will become Russian ....... no offense.

and btw, US Visa ALONE costs $120 .......

It's a scam ....... and she's (or he's .... who knows !!) asking for a small amount of money to coerce you into sending this money and make you think (so what it's just $300 !)

From IATA Visa information :

Nationality    Ukraine
Destination    United States   
Visa & Passport Information
Passport
Passport required.
Passport Exemptions:
Holders of a Form I-512 ("Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States"). Holders of a Temporary or Emergency passports.
Document Validity:
Passports issued to nationals of Ukraine must be valid for the period of intended stay.
Admission and Transit Restrictions:
Return/onward ticket is required to travel to the USA .
Exempt are holders of a valid US visa.
Additional Information:
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) pre-embarkation inspection:
- will take place when coming directly from Guam or Virgin Isl.;
- may take place when coming directly from Puerto Rico.
Minors:
Children, up to/incl. 15 years of age, excluding nationals of the USA and nationals entitled to travel under the US Visa Waiver Program (V.W.P.), are allowed to travel on their parent's passport. A person included in the passport of another may not use the passport for travel unless he/she is accompanied by the bearer.
Visa
Visa required.
Visa Exemptions:
Holders of a Form I-512 ("Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States").Those admitted to the USA on a visa, returning to the USA after a visit of max. 30 days to Canada or Mexico (or  to adjacent islands (except for Cuba) for holders of F or J visa) must present Form I-94 showing unexpired period of initial admission or extension of stay (together with endorsed SEVIS Form I-20MN for M visa holders; SEVIS I-20AB or SEVIS DS-2029 for F or J visa holders).
Additional Information:
Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination. A passenger may enter the USA with a valid visa in an expired passport, provided also holding a valid passport of the same nationality. Transfer of a valid visa to a valid passport is highly recommended in all cases.
Warning:
Return/onward ticket is required to travel to the USA.
Exempt are holders of a valid US visa.

Nothing about no visa if coming for < 90 days

In her letter she said the passport cost $300- how much more will the package (tickets and visa) cost?

It's safer long-term for your wallet and your heart if you just come visit. You definitely don't need a visa for a stay shorter than 90 days and then you can actually meet her and see if there's a real connection. Also, if you want a good relationship with a Ukrainian woman, you'll need to understand some things about the culture, and it's better if you come experience her world firsthand.

All in all, this may be a scam or it may not be, but making a short visit to Ukraine won't scam you out of anything. Even if it doesn't work out with this woman at the very least you'll have taken a trip and broadened your horizons.

Can I ask you, where did you meet this girl? In marriage agency site?

Propose her to buy the package herself, and to give her back the money when she comes to you…
If, as she says , she works in a travel agency, I am sure that she can get 1000 $

••••••••
And I completely agree with 8monthsinukraine's advice: go to Kiev to meet her, and you will see and understand yourself.
Kiev is a very nice town and it worth the travel even if it is only to see the town.
And, why not, you could always find another half there ;)

Huge scam, no doubt! Stay away. Even if you want to come visit her, he or she could easily organize some pretty girl to fool you into believing she's the girl and you could get robbed in the process. Just be extra careful.

****If Ukrainians can get visa free access to the US, the official language in the US very soon will become Russian ....... no offense.****

i like this one :)

Don't send money, come over and visit if this is what you are looking for and you might also realize that this isn't really what you need. There is cultural differences btwn westerner and UA but ukraine is worth the visit.

And finally, if you are just searching to look at pretty girls, go to Montréal, closer and you will save on the traveling fees :))

guys, most of your responses are besides the point...

$300 - yes, it is a reasonable fee for "visa support" - typically includes help with application forms, translation, and ***coaching*** for the visa interview....

visa interview coaching alone makes it worth the money...

can it be a scam? yeah, sure, but not necessarily - you did not provide enough details to tell if it is

Im surprised so many locals took their time to respond to idiotic post like this...As one of the most hard working nations on earth your quite a lazy American.

Sarge..my dear...have you heard of this lil thing called 'Expedia'?  Why waste everyone's time on forum if you can look up online ua-us tickets?

DID YOU KNOW that online booking systems let you see the price of the ticket from the US to any other part of the world?

Could you use 3% of your brain power and guess that perhaps those sites can show you the reverse data as well?
a.k.a.
PRICE of tickets from  any part of the world TO the US?

Then, were you ever in elementary school where they taught you basic math & how  to put  2 & 2  together?

So after your research and see the price of the kiev-MN, US ticket as over $1000, you could figure if $300 for the WHOLE PACKAGE seems reasonable....

Good luck with in life with such questionable IQ.

p.s. I seriously need  to become a scammer, I didnt know it was THAT easy!

Btw, sarge, please update us on any new developments in this story... Hope everything worked out well.

L1sa wrote:

Im surprised so many locals took their time to respond to idiotic post like this...As one of the most hard working nations on earth your quite a lazy American.

Sarge..my dear...have you heard of this lil thing called 'Expedia'?  Why waste everyone's time on forum if you can look up online ua-us tickets?

DID YOU KNOW that online booking systems let you see the price of the ticket from the US to any other part of the world?

Could you use 3% of your brain power and guess that perhaps those sites can show you the reverse data as well?
a.k.a.
PRICE of tickets from  any part of the world TO the US?

Then, were you ever in elementary school where they taught you basic math & how  to put  2 & 2  together?

So after your research and see the price of the kiev-MN, US ticket as over $1000, you could figure if $300 for the WHOLE PACKAGE seems reasonable....

Good luck with in life with such questionable IQ.

p.s. I seriously need  to become a scammer, I didnt know it was THAT easy!

LOL ..... go easy on him :D .... He's in looooove LOL

Lisa,

I also wanted to say that what you wrote is considered extremely rude and offensive by American norms... I think many Ukrainians would say that by Ukrainian norms too. I think you are a nice person, Lisa, and this was a strange aberration, because you are under an enormous stress right now or agitated by somebody or something along those lines. Still, I think an apology is in order.

only 300$ for visa,tickets etc to USA WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?YOU KIDDING MEEEEEE:))))
it's not just a scam it's the biggest scam of 2012:))))))

Tedd Bundy wrote:

only 300$ for visa,tickets etc to USA WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?YOU KIDDING MEEEEEE:))))

In Egypt we have a story about small amount scams.

One beggar near a touristic site always refused when tourists offered him $1 or even 5 EGP ($1 = 6.1 EGP), and always insisted he only wants "bareeza" (colloquial term for 10 Egyptian Piasters, which is LESS than two cents !). People humored him and gave him "bareeza"  ......

One day a man approached him, and told him that he knew he was pretending to be an idiot/retard while he's not, and asked him, why you never accept to take $1 or 5 EGP and insist on 0.10 EGP?

His reply was ..... The day I accept $1, people will stop coming to see the stupid man who insists on "el bareeza" and people will stop giving me "bareeza" .....

Morale of the story : if it's too CHEAP to be true, it probably is. New strategy for scammers, ask for less, and eventually and collectively get more and more from more people.

Thesarge's original post didn't have enough details.
I see he later posted an excerpt from his darling's email...

It can scam, if you read it literally and interpret that $300 would cover ***everything*** to her from her apartment by taxi to a local airport and then to the destination in the States...

When I responded I didn't see that excerpt, and that's why in my response I said that $300 is a reasonable fee for a ***visa support*** - it is reasonable, may be a bit on a higher end depending the girl's situation. May on the lower end, if she ever had trouble with the law.

Now, after reading that piece, I'm wondering if her English is so poor and didn't communicate it clearly, or if it was indeed a scam!

TheSarge, we all want to hear from you!

True brother true:D

The Egyptian wrote:
Tedd Bundy wrote:

In Egypt we have a story about small amount scams.

One beggar near a touristic site always refused when tourists offered him $1 or even 5 EGP ($1 = 6.1 EGP), and always insisted he only wants "bareeza" (colloquial term for 10 Egyptian Piasters, which is LESS than two cents !). People humored him and gave him "bareeza"  ......

One day a man approached him, and told him that he knew he was pretending to be an idiot/retard while he's not, and asked him, why you never accept to take $1 or 5 EGP and insist on 0.10 EGP?

His reply was ..... The day I accept $1, people will stop coming to see the stupid man who insists on "el bareeza" and people will stop giving me "bareeza" .....

Morale of the story : if it's too CHEAP to be true, it probably is. New strategy for scammers, ask for less, and eventually and collectively get more and more from more people.

^
Mila, in this letter there is nothing really personal… So…

It just looks like the typical letter from a scammer…
And not so cleaver scammer…
300$ ?? lol
A good scammer should have asked at least 1000$ and it will still have been under a credible price……

Mila Popova wrote:

How miserable and disgusting creature you must me to show to the public your private letters from a woman... you are not a man at all, save you 300dollars and be happy...hope they will make you richer

I agree 100 per cent!

karayuschij wrote:

^
Mila, in this letter there is nothing really personal… So…

It just looks like the typical letter from a scammer…
And not so cleaver scammer…
300$ ?? lol
A good scammer should have asked at least 1000$ and it will still have been under a credible price……

Really? If so, why he did not post HIS not so personal messages on public forums? He looks like a typical scammer also, the one who wants to lure a woman to become an illegal immigrant, and to make her pay for this "pleasure". Because, you know, he suspiciously adamantly refused to visit a woman in her country!
Why would a woman PAY to be an illegal immigrant with a man, who has a crappy job, crappy car, and no house? And who is a base person, as well?

Altiva,

He uses a nick name and made a citation where there are absolutely no names that can allow to recognize somebody.
In fact it is very generic and could be a letter written by any scammer.

And why should he wrote his own message, explain me? What could this add to the question that he asked?
And, do you really believe what you wrote?
If what you wrote is true tell me why did he came to ask this on a forum?
And what in that he asked can make you think that him wants to fraud somebody?
Yours are only illations…

I am sorry to say this, but it is more probable that an ukrainian woman can be a scammer than an american man, it is not an opinion, it is a statistic…

Unfortunately scammers are more and more, and most of them come from some asian countries, some african countries and from East Europe ones, and most of them are women (not men, even if probably some masculine scammers exist), it is a fact, and it is good to take care.

A recent example:
Three day ago I have received a letter from an american friend.
I asked him if I can post part of the letter on a forum.
He agreed because it is "a good information to avoid other people to fall in the trap of such "bloodsucker""

I don't put the names because it is a bit personal. So he wrote:
"Xxxxxx and I are getting a divorce. She used me for a green card, it is just that simple. […] this was a real surprise to me, but not to the people around us, they have all said "she had no respect for you and treated you poorly", so now I am getting ready to be made poor by the lawyers and Xxxxxx will get to stay in the USA…"

He met the woman in Kiev, they felt in love (him surely)
He came three times to meet her in Kiev, and then he came and took her and her daughter in USA, he married her.
Few time after she got a green card she asked divorce…

An older example:
Some years ago it happened similar situation to me.
I paid 4 or 5 travels from Minsk to my home to a woman that I felt in love with.
Every time she stayed more than one month. (1 month the first time, and three month the successive times).
Finally we married.
I thought that she was in love with me to, as we live a very nice and romantic life, without problems.
But few times after she had obtained the Green Card (equivalent for my country) she asked divorce…
Dо svidaniya i vsë……

It is a "classical" situation.

Of course we cannot generalize and say that all the women from Ukraine are scammers…
They are not.
I married again with an ukrainian woman and we live happy together for more than 6 years now.

So, even if the query of TheSARGE could be a not very gentleman's one, I think that it is absolutely legitimate for him to ask.
And I think that the moderators of the forum think the same as they let the thread active for all this time.

Счастливо!

This thread is 3 months old and everything has already been said.

-discussion closed-

Closed