Forces to sign a contract

can anyone guide me what to do if a employer forces an employee to sign a contract which is different from that he was emailed for job acceptance...for example asking to sign four years contract rather than 2(as it was written on job acceptance email)....

how to deal this case to Saudi labor court????????

Hello mdw.

A new thread has been created from your message on the Saudi Arabia forum. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

you dont sign.

tell them to send you home.

or sign it.

Yep, don't sign the contract.

Trust me if you decide to agree on such an unfair deal, you'll be encouraging them to do it with 10 more people. With this action seen, what good things are you expecting from them in future? Think about it!

I presume you haven't got your iqama yet; right? If so, forget about labor court. The first thing they'll ask you is to present your iqama.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I presume you haven't got your iqama yet; right? If so, forget about labor court. The first thing they'll ask you is to present your iqama.

While I agree with the prior, I assure you that the labor court doesn't essentially require a residence permit i.e Iqama.

that kills the whole purpose of the idea, I've seen enough of the "kafeel" (sponsor) misconducts with labor level expats to know this. you have the right to complain even if you have no iqama, your passport or even a copy of it is enough. sometimes in rare cases your finger print is enough.

just saying ;)

Salman