Software developer/engineer salaries in Malaysia

hello everyone. I recently applied for the job in malaysia they asked for the expected salary. so before replying them. I would like to know what is salary range for software developer/engineer with 2 year experience. And what kind of visa  should i look for? After how many year an expat an apply for PR in malaysia and what are other conditions for PR like minimum salary etc.
thanks

Hi salary is dependent on so many things like expectations, your actual skills, nationality etc and if enough depends on your spending/family?

Forget PR. You must be joking! Unless you invest 2 million US dollars in Malaysia - that is one of the ways.

Try Singapore they are far more friendly in that way. Malaysia did relax work permit regs a few years ago but Singapore has it right - give PR for 5 years to skilled people and then let them find a job.

Thanks Nemodot.
I know salary depend on different things .I just want to know what is average salary for a 2 year experienced professional with degree.
I will be coming to Malaysia alone(if offered the job). What information I gathered so far from this blog and others that mothly expenses for single guy could be 1800-2000 RM. So I was thinking RM 5500-6000 per month would be ok. what you say?
P.S Can you tell me some link to get information about Singaporean PR.

depends on the company which ur joining, how urgent is their requirement and their client billing for the post ur hired for... you last drawn salary and the exchange rate between ur home country and of Malaysia...

but anyways, not advisable to go below 4K

ok.
rjv1704 what you say about the expense. is  RM 1800 ok? or can one bring it down to around RM 1500.
Second does anyone know about company named
itac msc outsourcing sdn bhd

for 2 years experience, you can ask for RM3500.
itac Msc is a goverment MSC status approved company

@haqureshi I know some guys who stay for as less as 1300... but then you have to share the room, the flat may be unfurnished, u will hv to cook everytime and not eat out, take public transport everytime etc etc.

for a decent lifestyle, be ready atleast to spend 2500.

Also, does anyone know of a company called i2sbs?

Next, is it possible to change job on employment pass?

@tengwaiseng  @rjv1704
thanks for replies

good question rjv1704.
I would also like to know

is it possible to change job on employment pass?