Visa Expired 6 Months Ago!

Hi all!

My tourist Visa on UK passport expired around 6 months ago now. I just kinda remembered or noticed which is lame on my part. But, what i want to know is, can i stay in Egypt, get the visa renewed and pay some kind of a fine and move on from it?

Scared to go to Tahir and get arrested over this lol! Any advice appreciated (also i want it renewed before i try and travel to Dahab in 2 weeks)

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Tim

Just go to Tahrir and renew it ;)
it cost about 150 l.e. and no one will arrest you,dont worry.
No one will even ask you any question..I went there once with a friend of mine who had his visa expired for a year,it was extremely long and hot procedure,people there are extremely lazy and dumb!they will send you twenty times from window to window but in the end you will get what you need ))

Thanks DMX...yeah i have been to Tahir before to renew, i know the process there haha, VERY hard work with some of those women behind the desks. I have a job to keep my temper but il go tomorrow morning first thing and get it done, its been on my mind for a few days now.

Appreciate your help dude :)

I had the same forgetful mind, but by only 3 months.
Went yesterday morning, to the passport office in Ismailia, and was prepared to pay a fine but had to do no such thing :D

They just back dated my new visa to the end of the old one.
I'm sure you have faced the same thing. :)

MrsIsmail thank you...im going to go tomorrow to Tahir and hopefully get it done with minimum fuss!

A 30 days visa is renewable for 6 months and then another 6 months.
They can backdate the visa if you are still within 1 year period.

If you overstay the 6 months BEYOND the total period of the year you are in breach of immigration risk deportation. You will get out easily by paying a fine, but it might be difficult for you to come back. If you overstay the year, paying 250 EGP is not enough. You need to pay much more, and know somebody who will help you with that.

MrsIsmail wrote:

I had the same forgetful mind, but by only 3 months.
Went yesterday morning, to the passport office in Ismailia, and was prepared to pay a fine but had to do no such thing :D

They just back dated my new visa to the end of the old one.
I'm sure you have faced the same thing. :)

Told you before. Wives of Egyptian citizens belong to the "exempt from fine" category. A marriage contract is your visa to this country. A residence is merely a formality for a wife of an Egyptian and is not even required for entry to/exit from the country

LOL Thanks TheEgyptian :D I do remember you saying that.

But you have been the only person to tell me this and in this place, you can never be too careful ;-) lol

In order to obtain rights, including that of residence, as wife of an Egyptian citizen , you need a marriage issued or recognised by an Egyptian court. This is not the case for many ladies, who are unfortunately, unable to enjoy legal rights in Egypt.

If you are interested in having an Orfi marriage registered in an official court or obtain an official marriage certificate from an Egyptian Court, don't hesitate to contact me privately.

ExpEgypt are you talking to me?

My marriage and its certificate is very legal and official :D
thank you very much for your offer of assistance but its not needed :)

MrsIsmail wrote:

ExpEgypt are you talking to me?

My marriage and its certificate is very legal and official :D
thank you very much for your offer of assistance but its not needed :)

He speaks of other ladies who are married via Orfi ...... for so many reasons, like embassy not approving of the marriage ....etc.

In such case, it is very easy to register and legalize.

Step #1 : Find a marriage lawyer that you can trust.

Step #2 : Go to the Notary office الشهر العقاري .... Make a Proxy for filing lawsuits for this lawyer. Both partners have to make separate proxies.

If one partner is not a native Arabic speaker, he will need an accompanying translator with the following criteria : 1- Registered in Ministry of Justice as a translator and holds an official letter of registry, 2- Profession in his ID card is "Translator".

Step #3: Lawyer will initiate a lawsuit to "notarize" the Urfi marriage.

Step #4: Both partners will appear in court, admitting to this marriage.

Step #5: Lawyer will obtain the court verdict, which functions as a document of official, legal marriage.

Step #6: The couple can present the verdict to the Civil Status Authority HQ in Abbasiya, Cairo, to register it in the Civil Status computer system, and obtain a print-out of their official marriage license.

All the above should not cost more than $250, proxy and translator included. Any lawyer asking for more is a scammer. This is a routine court case and does not involve any form of litigation and/or legal maneuvers.

MrsIsmail wrote:

LOL Thanks TheEgyptian :D I do remember you saying that.

But you have been the only person to tell me this and in this place, you can never be too careful ;-) lol

LOL. Don't worry, wives enjoy great protection. Actually wives of Egyptians are the only category eligible for naturalization (other than those with an Egyptian parent). I already applied for my wife. Takes 24 months, 14 down, 10 to go !