Emigrate to Malaysia with a dependant visa or work visa?

Dear all,

First of all I would like to introdeuse myself, I am Marco and im 26 years old. Im married to a Malaysian woman and I have one son with her. Right now I live in Holland but I would like to emigrate to Malaysia to permanently stay with her.

Right now I have 2 options for a visa, but I was wondering which one is te fastest and most easy. My wife told me that I can apply for a dependant visa since I am married to her as malaysian. But I can also work at an agency runned by her parents.Could anyone tell me which visa is most easy to obtain and what I exactly need for that? I got a form from the Malaysian immigration and had to translate it from malaysian to english, but it still is a bit unclear to me.

I hope someone has some information for me. Thanks for the help!

Grtz Marco

Hello Marco.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you can go through the other threads on Visas on the Malaysia forum. It can help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi use a LTSVP.

1. After 5 years can apply for PR
2. Cheaper
3. Easier than an EP
4. No min salary etc and easier to move

It's a no brainer!

And at 26 you are too young for an EP :)

Thanks for the information Nemodot, but I still have a few questions. First of all what is the full term of the visa and what do I need to present in Malaysia in order to get the visa? Is it possible to have some more contact about this with you? thank you very much for the information

Hi if you did a simple search of this website you would have found

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=66731

On that is a link to the LTSVP procedures and a discussions.

You have to enter Malaysia on a tourist visa for an EP or LTSVP. Initially LTSVP given for 6 months to 5 years depending on luck. With this you can reside in Malaysia while looking for work and once you have an offer can go and get your visa stamped with right to work.

It isn't an EP (employment pass) and doesn't go through the same procedures as one. However, many employers don't know this!

You could say to potential employers that you will pay all fees associated with your visa (it includes a 1,000 RM security bond that you get back if you leave Malaysia or get PR) to help get a job.

Thanks for the information nemodot, I do not need a tourist visa since Holland and Malaysia have a good relation. So when I travel there I can automatically stay there for 3 months. After that I can apply for the LTSVP visa.

Yes that is a tourist visa. All vistors need a tourist visa!

Good luck

Nemodot I still have another question if you dont mind. I have called the malaysian embassy in Holland since I want to get an entree visa so I can travel there with a one way ticket. They told me I can apply for the LTSVP visa but if I want to work I need to get a work permit first arranged by my sponsor/company in Malaysia.

Together with the work permit,invitation letter,one way ticket, passport and photo I will get the entee visa for malaysia. Only my question is. What does my sponsor need to arrange at immigration in order to get this work permit? and is it really needed for me in order to get the entree visa? hope you could help me