Banks

Hi I am a German student, doing an internship in Yangon for 6 months. I wonder how I can live there without having a bank account or using my credit card. How do foreigners pay their monthly living costs? I am very desperate because I am flying to Yangon next week and I do not know how much cash I need to take with me for such a long time. I would be very happy about any advices. Thank you.

Hi,

I'll be in Yangon in a couple of weeks too and I have the same problem. i'm probably gonna stay one yar or two and, if it's possible, I'd like to keep receiving my salry in euro on my EU bank account. Ho do you guys get any cash do you fliy to a close by country every month to withdrawn?

Well,as far as I know , there is a bank named " AGD ".You can transfer money that bank and you can withdraw Burmese Kyats here but you can only transfer USD 3,000 a day .You can go to that bank and find out for more details.Another way is what they called black market is that you look for a trustworthy Burmese who has oversea bank account.You transfer the money to his or her account in foreign bank and then, he/she will link up with people here and advise you where to get the same amount of Kyats here.

Hope my advise will help you !

Hi Ilka,
we are a German family living in Yangon.
We just take all the money we need (for a period of time) with us from Europe.
We also have a bank account in Thailand, but I think it is not allowed any longer for foreigners (not living in Thailand) to open one.
So, I would advise you to bring as much money as you need. For dollar bills: they need to be really good, otherwise it can be difficult to exchange them.