Bringing a dog into Fez

Hi, I'm considering living in Fez for the next year.  One of my main concerns is difficulty in importing my two small Papillons (5 & 6 lbs. each).  Could anyone tell me if they would be welcome in the city  in general?  Would they have a long quarantine?  If I used a professional animal transporter could I avoid most of the problems?

And since they both look like "fancy" little show dogs and are very affectionate, would they be fair game to be stolen?

As you can see, I know very little about Morocco, but am eager to learn.

Becket01

dont be afraid about your dog i had one not the same type but smaller too..and my friend have the same.. papillon.they will just be fine.about transport from usa to morocco i have no idea about it...but have u ever been in morocco ?

Hi, Zoltari,
Thanks for the response.  No, I longed to go when I was traveling in Portugal years ago and I have been in Turkey and China as well as European countries.  I was just uncertain about getting my dog (1 or both, don't know yet) into the country. But I understand now that there is no quarantine period.  If I dress modestly, I also hope that I will not be hassled for being a single woman.

about being hassled i think u will lol im sorry...i think it will be like turkey in hassling lol otherwise everything will be fine.if u need any help or anything about morocco or even once u are in morocco u can ask me no problem.

Take your dogs on the plane with you.  They can travel below on most airlines.  Some in cabin, but only one dog.  Get their needles up-to-date, a vet certificate stating their good health, free of parasites, and fit to travel, and have this certificate certified by your ministry of food and agriculture.  This said, you may very well enter, and no one will ask to see any paperwork.  No quarantine.  Can't say about Fez, but while Muslims are not dog lovers, they tend to tolerate small, well-kept and well behaved dogs.  Are your dogs safe?  Who can say.  Guard them carefully, and assume they could be snatched, just like women's handbags frequently are.  Women, local and expat, do get hassled, and you just have to learn to ignore it.