Landmark Group

Hi,

I may be moving to Dubai to work for the Landmark Group in their head Office.
Are they a good company to work for and what are their working weeks / hours like?
If I were to work there (In Jebel Ali Industrial Area) where would be the best place to live with regards to the shortest commute!

Many Thanks,

K

Hello kayteetoo.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Dubai forum.

Hope other members will soon give you some useful informations.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Landmark Group is big, it's got various ventures, and some of the most successful product lines within this market. To know more about there weeks and working hours, you'd have to get in touch with HR.

You can live anywhere in New Dubai to be at work in less then 10-15 minutes. Closest of them all should be Discovery Gardens and JLT/JBR.

Good Luck !

Landmark is the oldest and a very large retail group.  It is family owned, so you can imagine how family business is run in the Gulf here.  'Good Company' has several dimensions, so much depends on a personal perspective.  I have friends who work there, long hours and few holidays.  You will likely work 6 days and not 5, but check specifically for Jebel Ali, which could be different.  If your visa is issued by JAFZ, then you are okay to jump to another job if you are not happy; but if Landmark Dubai has issued the visa you will have some issues.  They are not known for great pay structure excepting a handful of top executives.  Many employees do something on the side to improve their earnings.