A few questions - Schools, Jet Ski's and Flight times

Hi Guys,
I am new to posting messages on this site, but have been visiting this great site for more than 12 months and find it a great place to research Mauritius.

My family is considering a move from Australia to Mauritius in early 2013.

Most of the question we have have been answered from previous questions and answers here, I do have a couple of questions that I would appreciate some local information on.

We intend living in the Black River - Tamarin area.
We have 2 children daughter 11 years and son 7 years of age.
We are looking at West Coast Primary in Tamarin and Telfair International Primary also in Tamarin.
I would appreciate any thoughts and opinion from anyone that has children in either school.

What is the Flight time to Cape Town, Paris & Dubai?
Are Jet Ski's (Powered) allowed in Mauritius?

Thanks and Regards
Simon

Hi Simon,

if you've several questions, you should create several threads

Flight time to Dubai is ~6h, Paris 11h30

Jet ski not allowed!
Rgds. Disha

Flying time to Cape Town is 5-6 hours

Hi if I read your post right "no jet ski allowed".....
So I am sitting here at the beach in Mont Choisy looking at not 1 but 4 jet skies in the water!!!

How is that?

Hi,

Yes I saw 4 jet ski at Trou Aux Biche this morning.
I knew it was not allowed, but recently there has been something going on with the authority regard jet ski... I will try yo get it confirmed if it has been allow again or not.

However, I believe it should not be allow as there is already a lot of pleasure craft on the water and also not good for the marine Eco-system.

Have a bless Sunny Sunday :)
Regards Nas.

Hi Nas

Had a closer look, it's about six and two tender boats branded (Chez Mike). They seem to be testing the waters at different beaches. They have PC numbers on them. And charge MUR 2000 for 15 min direct with them and MUR 3000 with the local beach guy...not wanting to promote but as far as I know it's not allowed. And I agree lots of pleasure boats....regards M

[moderated: pls recommend him on the business directory]

jet skis are not allowed. 5/6 years ago I worked with the authorities on a possible law to reintroduce this activity. There were several conditions : 300 mètres away from shore, noise regulagions, etc.  technically it became impossible for any operator to launch their business.  heard again that this (last) year they were going to release Jetski again.

Maybe some people already got a temporary licence as trial ??

Hi
Thx Nas

Someone says on the FR forum that jetskis are now allowed ?  :(

Hi all,
I know the jet ski debate is confusing specially regarding the permits to operate such activity in the Mauritius lagoon.
On Tuesday 17 December 2013 there was a debate in the Parliament regarding TOURISM AUTHORITY - JET SKI/SEA KART - LICENCES

Kindly follow the below link, its on page 44-48
http://mauritiusassembly.gov.mu/English … rd3913.pdf

cheers :)