Need help from someone living in Abu Dhabi.

Hello everyone,

I am still living in Chicago, but plan on moving to Abu Dhabi soon. I discovered it is very hard to find a hotel that allows pets in Abu Dhabi.

I finally found 2 hotels (out of 104) that allows a pet, but I have no way to confirm the information I have.  So, I was hoping that anyone that happens to be passing by these 2 hotels could please confirm (face-to-face with the manager) that the hotel will accept pets.

I want to stay in the hotel or find an apartment (that allows a small 4.5 kg dog) for about two to four years.  If you would like or need pictures of my dog I'll send you some.

I can not leave here until I know sure I have a place to stay with my dog.

Royal Suite Hotel Apartments
Al Nhyan Road, Abu Dhabi

Al Jazira Hotel Resort   
Dubai-Abu Dhabi Highway, Ghantoot

I really appreciate you helping me.
Please contact me any time if have any questions,
You have a great day,
Alex,

Dear Alex,
As promised in Private Message, here is some information about the export of your dog : http://abudhabiexpat.blogspot.com/2012/ … n-abu.html

I will post articles about pet transportation (flight) and accommodation upon arrival later in the week end. Hope this helps!

First hotel never heared of it or seen it, the second one is a bit far from Abu dhabi like 40 mnts drive !!

Djawhar wrote:

First hotel never heared of it or seen it, the second one is a bit far from Abu dhabi like 40 mnts drive !!

It's on the border between Dubai and Abu Dhabi Emirates. 45-60 mins from downtown Abu Dhabi.

Alex,
I posted the second article of my blog about pets : how to organize your pet's flight

Hey Alex,
I posted my 3rd article about pet relocation : your pet's accommodation upon arrival in Abu Dhabi

Hey Nina,
You did great job on that article.
I read them all.
Congrats!!!!
Hope that helps many people including me.
May be next one you can talk about Airport customs.

Alex,

Hi Alex, Thank you for the compliments :)
I really don't know much about Airport customs besides what I already mentioned : they check your pet's paperwork and then release your pet. I didn't write it, but they obviously also check your pet's kennel for contraband. What else did you want to find out about the customs?
I do plan on writing an article about how to prepare your pet for the trip (kennel training, do's and dont's of the kennel), but I thought the info specific to Abu Dhabi was more urgent.

Hi,
Thank you for helping me out on hotels.
I guess Al Jazira Hotel Resort is too far away.

The Royal Suite Hotel Apartments. Al Nhyan Road, Abu Dhabi is locate between Al Karamah st. and Demast/13 th st., west of Sheikh Sultan Bin Zayed Stadium.

Thank you very much for helping
Alex,

Alex, it is really unlikely that the Royal Suite Hotel apartments will allow your dog. They don't seem to have a website so the only solution to make sure that they do is to go there and ask...
I really don't know any hotel that accepts pets in Abu Dhabi, unfortunately it's a pretty well known fact here that they don't bother with animals. Please consider making a reservation with a pet hotel such as the one that I mentioned in my article or you risk ending up not having any accommodation at all for your dog when you arrive.
When are you planning to move?

I found in travel websites but angeny do not disclose hotel  info. Because they want you to reservation thru them. I am afraid just trusting the agency that's why I want to confirm.

I found 3 more expensive hotels but they only allows service dogs 2,000 AED per night I think,  My dog is very close to that as a therapy dog but it's not a service dog.  My dog has separation issues and he stress out really bad.  He is Mama's boy. Since I had him, we never been separate from each other. I tried twice give him a chance to ok with it. but it didn't work out.

Yes, That place is very nice but that place will be a last resource.
I try best I can to find a place so he can be with me
If this doesn't work out than I trying get sharing the housing with someone willing to put up with me for while until get the place.
I hoping this hotel is ok with pets.

I'll be gone for long time so right now I'm ready for my house to be seal up. Before I live have to do some maintenance on the house so when I comeback there will be no issues with house.

Alex,

Well Alex, not to discourage you or anything but when I looked up the hotel this morning, some of the websites that propose it (for example agoda) say that they don't allow pets. I understand that it's hard to separate from your dog but it won't be in his best interest to have to figure out a replacement solution when you're already in Abu dhabi.
For what it's worth, you can also start training your dog and getting him used to being separated from you from time to time because you might very well be forced to place him at a pet hotel.
I'd be very interested to know the names of the hotels that allow service dogs, if you can share the info with me!
On any case good luck with your move and preparations!

Hi Nina,
Thanks for wishing me luck.
Even few people respond to help to check that hotel for me.
Even though they don't know me. Aren't they nice people?

Since you are talking about the training, I use to trained champion obedience dogs for 10 years. But you know what I decide to spoiled my dog, that makes me happy. Life is short that's what it is. But I am not telling you what you should do.

Thanks bunch,
Alex,

Hi Alex,
yes people are helpful here indeed :) It really makes the planning of your trip much easier! I wish I had found out about this community before I arrived in the UAE ;)

About your dog and the training thing, I realize that I wrote my message in a hurry yesterday night before going to bed and it seems that I offended you. I'm really sorry about that. Obviously you are free to take care of your dog the way you want and I am no one to interfere. My comment was not about what you have to do, it is simply friendly advice about a situation that I have experience with and that is new for you. I would feel very sorry and sad for you and your dog if you arrived here and got a bad surprise :(
At the time of my move, I wish some people would have stepped up to give me more advice because clearly I wasn't prepared :D If I had to do it again, there are a lot of things I would do differently. It's been a lot of stress to deal with, and a lot of unexpected things happened.
There is one thing, that I have been happy to find out, though : my cat is a lot stronger than I thought! I kind of know where you're coming from when you say that you want to spoil your dog and that he has abandonment issues because my cat is the same (although cats are usually more independant than dogs) : I went through a really bad depression some time ago and adopting my cat was the only thing that made me see the light of life again. Without him, I don't know if I'd be here on this forum today to write you... I work from home, so he's always with me - litterally, he spends his days on my lap, even sometimes when I'm in the bathroom, lol! (My husband finds it a little bit disturbing, lol!) And he's a rescued cat that was abandonned by his previous family so he always think we're leaving him behind when we go out and whatnot. But then, when he got sent to the UAE, obviously it's been stressful for him, but he adapted to his new place so fast! I was amazed! :)I think this whole process has been a lot harder than for me, finally :lol: We tend to get really scared for our pets, but they are certainly much wiser and stronger than us, don't you think? ;)