Just arrived in Saigon, looking to meet ex-pats

Hey everyone, my name is Ian, 22 y/o, and I am from Florida, USA. I just arrived to Saigon Wednesday night and will be here until just after August 31st, after which I'll be heading over to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Reason why I came to Asia is to play my saxophone at any bar I can find. If you have advice on where to play that would be great :)

Since I am here by myself I am looking for people to meet... anybody want to grab a beer?

Btw, I'm staying in district one at the Asian Ruby hotel and most likely I'll be hitting up the bars in this area

Let's hang and have a few laughs

www.saxnart.com

Hello Ian.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

hiya i`m also alone in that city this week end;
free to drink beers
free to play music (i do have a folk guitar here and can accompany any kind of rythm...acoustic guitar i remind)
cheers
matt

Hello Ian,

Nice to meet you. Forget the bars! Play on street like an OG!
Have fun.

:cool:

Thanks for the advice Cheeha, I went by there last night and I was able to sit in with the band and play a couple sets :) The jazz there was phenomenal and the staff was very nice.

Matteox! That sounds great :) I actually have to play at a bar a couple of days and I needed someone to accompany me, so maybe we can work something out. I'll call you a little later today so we can meet up