MUSLIM MUM IN ANGOLA

Hi

everyone and salam to the muslims and hello to non muslims GOD bless!!
I will be moving to Angola due to my husbands job, i am concerned about my toddlers islamic education.

Are there any islamic classes , events for children etc..
Is there a muslim community in LUANDA?
i need help, its so tough

i been twice to angola onec for a month and once for 3 months

i know whats its like but i also wish to meet muslim mums out there ...if you are there please message me

i would also like to meet other women in my situation , moving to ANGOLa....

i live in LUANDA

Assalamualikum ladylutaqueen,

I am fairly new in Luanda myself, but I do know there is a Mosque down near the main city of Luanda (Somewhere near the Airport). If you and your husband could make a visit there, you might just be able to find a scholar who could teach the recital/meaning of the Holy Quran. Once again, this is the only option that I can think about.

I hope that this will be of help to you.

Regards,

Irfan Khatri

Hello dears!

I cannot believe I found such a topic here!
My name is Mais, I am from Jordan, and I am Muslim too hamdella.
My husband is offered a job in Luanda and we are kind of freaking out! hehe
I mean we're excited about the move but not sure of what to expect! And I thought you can help me a little.

You know if you're still there and living in "Talatona" we can meet and I think I fall under "Mums in your situation"!! :)

Mais

Any luck with your search, I am moving with my family and I am also looking for some options for the kids to have some Arabic and Islamic education while in Luanda.

Hi I have been in Angola for four months and have the same question. So far everyone told me the best thing is online learning for my children. The mosque I have heard is very crowded and it is far from Talatona taking traffic into account. I would be happy to meet up and form our own group. Happy to share the little I know since being here :) My children are 3 and 6 so if you are going to be in Talatona we can certainly meet. We speak English and are from the Caribbean

hey...
Salam people..

I m just applying for my work visa to Angola..

I'm coming there for work and but not considering a live in position... I will be commuting out 35/35 ..as I work in the oil field..

How s the country and Luanda per say?

Hi everyone,

I have arrived to Luanda, and my wife should be joining me very soon.

I wonder if any of you are still here, if you are, please add me and maybe we can arrange for some gatherings.

Thanks
Amr

Amr,

Welcome to Luanda, I should be here with my family as well. still having visa issues but hope it can be resolved before the school year starts.

Keep in touch...

Hello my husband and I are living in luanda and looking for this mosque everyone keeps mentioning he has been here 6 years and not seen it haha can anyone provide better direction to where it is?

This is the Google maps coordinates for the main Masjid in the city. There are two more small ones in the same area.

There is also another one in Talatona

Dear

There are five mosque, I heard but I have been in three which are  in Martis near airport and opposite of Alvalde and near forum hotel in Luanda city. If your husband want to go , write to me then I can take him personally for friday prayer. There is one near Talatona.

Amr

There are Pakistani and indian muslim families in Luanda . So when you will come with family , you will find them together. Normally people with families are in touch with each other and gather in week ends . Those families always welcome the new commers.

Dear Brother,

Most likely am arriving in Luanda 2nd week of may. If you still in Luanda pls. send me your contact detail / Email. I really need someone help to settle down in Luanda. You can reach me [email protected]

Thanks
Afzal

Dear Muslim friend,
I am Waseem from Pakistan. I am coming to Angola in an Exhibition. This is my first visit. In this regard i need some information about this country. Please contact me if you like.
from
Waseem Khwaja

Dear Irfan Bhai,
My name is Waseem and i am from Sialkot/Pakistan. In july i m going to visit Luanda in a trade fair from TDAP. This is also my first visit and i really dont know much about this country and its Business institutes. If you just guide me before coming there, this will be a great favour for me.
f

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact info on the forum for security measures.

Hello.

Please note that the initiator of this thread has not been active since 2012 and most posts here are out of subject, ill be closing this topic.

You are welcome to create a new thread in the Angola forum if you have further questions.

Thank you,
Gavind.
[Topic Closed]

Closed