Anybody help my friend in budapest???

thank you.

nana91 wrote:

... he actually got lost in budapest. ...

He could take a taxi or a bus or the metro. Not very difficult. You can get a leaflet in English or look at www.bkv.hu to check routes from anywhere within Budapest.

fluffy2560 wrote:
nana91 wrote:

... he actually got lost in budapest. ...

He could take a taxi or a bus or the metro. Not very difficult. You can get a leaflet in English or look at www.bkv.hu to check routes from anywhere within Budapest.

ty, but tomorrow is national holiday in budapest, maybe everything is closed, and i really don know the address of hotel he is staying, he hardly found it yesterday.

nana91 wrote:

...but tomorrow is national holiday in budapest, maybe everything is closed, and i really don know the address of hotel he is staying, he hardly found it yesterday.

Yes, everything will be closed as it's the National Day but public transport will not be closed. He will still be able to travel around as usual. If he gets online, he can find plenty of maps to look at or just buy a map at a kiosk.

fluffy2560 wrote:
nana91 wrote:

...but tomorrow is national holiday in budapest, maybe everything is closed, and i really don know the address of hotel he is staying, he hardly found it yesterday.

Yes, everything will be closed as it's the National Day but public transport will not be closed. He will still be able to travel around as usual. If he gets online, he can find plenty of maps to look at or just buy a map at a kiosk.

ty. but having some locals who can take him to somewhere is the best :d  i mean that :D

Dear Nana,

its really nice that you worry about your friend, but I am afraid I need to tell you that this is not the best way to help him. Here in Europe (and other places) it is considered unpolite to display someones name and phone number on the internet -  especially with the remark that the person is actually 'lost'.
The reason is, partially, that this may be dangerous - imagine some bad people came across this information 'helpless foreigner, totally lost, name mobile number'.... So, please don't do that.
(Especially not in a really big place like London, NYC, Sao Paulo,... compared to these, Budapest is a bit like a village).

Incase you are not aware, Budapest is much smaller than Ho-Chi-Minh city.
As far as I can judge, for a normal person who has spend some time in his life in a larger town or city of the western cultural sphere, Budapest will be quite manageable. It is, of course, not as well tailored for tourists as Vienna or London, but still relatively easy: many people do speak english/german here, many signs are in english (having had the luck to compare to Saõ Paulo). Safety is not a real issue (as opposed to the above examples).
Or do you really think, he has never in his life seen a tram or a metro network, and does not even know what a taxi is? As he has a western name, I guess this is not the case- So do not worry, he will stand up to the job ;-)

Many greetings from Budapest to far-away Việt Nam!
Maybe one day, I will go there to try to get around in Sài Gòn... on my own:-(

fireroller wrote:

Dear Nana,

its really nice that you worry about your friend, but I am afraid I need to tell you that this is not the best way to help him. Here in Europe (and other places) it is considered unpolite to display someones name and phone number on the internet -  especially with the remark that the person is actually 'lost'.
The reason is, partially, that this may be dangerous - imagine some bad people came across this information 'helpless foreigner, totally lost, name mobile number'.... So, please don't do that.
(Especially not in a really big place like London, NYC, Sao Paulo,... compared to these, Budapest is a bit like a village).

Incase you are not aware, Budapest is much smaller than Ho-Chi-Minh city.
As far as I can judge, for a normal person who has spend some time in his life in a larger town or city of the western cultural sphere, Budapest will be quite manageable. It is, of course, not as well tailored for tourists as Vienna or London, but still relatively easy: many people do speak english/german here, many signs are in english (having had the luck to compare to Saõ Paulo). Safety is not a real issue (as opposed to the above examples).
Or do you really think, he has never in his life seen a tram or a metro network, and does not even know what a taxi is? As he has a western name, I guess this is not the case- So do not worry, he will stand up to the job ;-)

Many greetings from Budapest to far-away Việt Nam!
Maybe one day, I will go there to try to get around in Sài Gòn... on my own:-(

thank you for ur advice :), in vietnam, we often leave our cell phone number in order that people can contact easily, coz vietnamese people r almost very friendly, welcome to sai gon ^^.maybe i didnt understand culture there. ty again ^^