Expat Neighborhood

Hi there...

My husband, two kids and I are relocating to Kuala Lumpur next year. My husband is British and I'm Swiss and we lived in the US for 7 years. Which is the best expat area around Kuala Lumpur?

Thanks for any hints...

Carole

craney wrote:

Hi there...

My husband, two kids and I are relocating to Kuala Lumpur next year. My husband is British and I'm Swiss and we lived in the US for 7 years. Which is the best expat area around Kuala Lumpur?

Thanks for any hints...

Carole

Namely there are sri hartamas, bangsar and subang jaya which would be more ideal for you guys.

Bangsar, Ampang, Hartamas are the first few expat areas which come to mind.

Common expat areas are Ampang, Bangsar, Bukit Damansara, Sri Hartamas and the infamous Mt Kiara. But frankly, quite a few of the "expat" branded development are just marketing & the service is no better than in a normal condo or housing lot.

As you have kids, you should chose your spot based on where their school is located.

[moderated: no free ads]

did you end up in KL? If so would love to know what you have experienced. May be moving there soon with 5 year old boy from the states! Take care.

Sri Hartamas could be a nice place for family with kids. The place is quite and good for kids as there are 2 international schools nearby. For the parents,you may have lots of  entertainment at Desa Sri Hartamas which is one km away.

How old are your kids? Mine is 9 years old.

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

i agree with LIGHHOUSE.. as i have posted in another post, Malaysia is a big place and offers many great condos where you can get a 'good bang of the buck', teh so-called 'expat haunts' are basicaly great mrketing if you ask me, as far as security is concern, most are no better than what locals get
staying in condo/svc aprtment is what i recommend -somewhere in PetalingJaya or SS2. Petaling is teh transit point for many key places in Klang valley

Subang Seri hartamas maybe bangsar.

I am an Australian living here long time maybe you can talk to me when you arrive here to inform you about local culture and local norms.
I a running a small business here last 10 years.

Alex 0122851329

hi

well for me in kl , the best place and secure place is kl sentral
\there is loft buildings ,with security everywhere, swimming pool, bar, dry clean, grocery..etc..its near kl sentral train,and there is around zook its building with all kind of restaurants and hairdressers, beauty salon etc.. near also the Indian place and 10mn to golden triangle,and by train 1 station to go to the mall where you find everything..its very convenient and we love it..

good luck

I kinda agree with Linda, KL Sentral is really convenient and nice for someone enjoying city way of life...then if u re looking for house or green other places would be more suitable