2)We wish to swim nude so pls advice best naturist beach and do we need
any documents to enter nude beach.
best way to reach naturist beaches in jamiaca

3)Advice budget accomodation for backpack

thanks in advance for all ur answers

thanks

lavend

Hi Lavendour,

The hurricane season usually ends around November, so it's good time to travel. Actually all year round is good, as long as there's no current hurricane to prevent you from enjoying the beaches.

I do not know much about scuba diving, have no interest in it, but the beach is safe for all activities all yar round, no seaonal activities (as far as I know) Our winters are not cold for most foreigners, just cold for us locals who are mostly accostumed to a tropical climate. Winter would start around December back to February, roughly.

Hedonism Resort in Negril has a nude beach, not sure if it's Hedonism I or II, but I was there once and saw people naked on that side of the property (which I happened to wander off into without realizing) that was like 10 years ago though, late teens :)

For backpacking accommodation I can't say much, I only know of 3 star hotels that may be suitable for a backpacker's budget. I'm not aware of any hostels. There are quite a few nice 3 star hotels on the beach in Negril or in West End, Negril. Negril is my favourite resort/beach spot :) Try googling Negril beaches or check out expedia.com for rates.

Best of luck.
Samantha

Dear Samantha,

Thanks a lot for your usefull inforamtion.

i may plan to visit before November but alone

pls advcie its better to arrive kingston or montego airport to
reach Negril.

i check with Hedonism 11 thay have naturist property but very expensive will look for some cheaper alternative.

cheers

lavend

Montego Airport is better (much closer) to get to Negril.

it's actually Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay

I am a regular visitor to Jamaica (being of Jamaican parentage), in response to some of the questions:
Scuba diving - yes, very good but you need to check the scuba instructor out, make sure he/she is PADA registered and check out their equipment. Talk through where they will take you to dive - the best diving I have had that side of the world was not Jamaica, but the seas there are beautiful, warm and clear with lots of exotic sea life to view.  Not sure of the predators in that area anymore - you will have to research.

You should be able to get some guides on hostels from Lonely Planet or some of the travel guides.  Also the JA Tourist Board used to do a brilliant Guest House Guide that had details and numbers of small lodgings that I always found useful.  Hotels are now very expensive - in fact the Caribbean is now very expensive - so you need to check things out quite a bit.  Be careful if you plan to go nude away from nudist areas - you could land yourself in some trouble!  (Same anywhere in the world, not everyone appreciates or understands the need for beach nudity).

Take US $ with you make sure you have some small notes for tipping.

Montego Bay (Mo Bay) is much nearer, you can get a taxi ride to Negril, but depending on the condition of the vehicle, will dictate how long it will take you - but approx 2 - 3hrs tops - with some stops to take in some of the coastal views.  The strip (7 mile beach) in Negril is quite congested these days with all the big hotel resorts offering all inclusive - but if you check yourself into a local Guest House for the first two days - then chat around with the locals, you will find something much cheaper.  Just keep your wits about you and don't be naive or gullable.

Enjoy JA - its one of the most beautiful islands in the Carib.