Getting package or parcel from oversea.

Hi

I'm trying to buy some stuff by internet from Korea or States,

I know this parcel or package have to apply on tariff or import tax,

but I have no idea about the tax rate..

does anybody knows the tax rate of clothes or garment ?

Some one might say go get clothes in local market.. but it is difficult to find XL size here :(

High ... considering.

VN Customs uses their own computer to evaluate the taxes, and only if you appeal the (usually) high duties do they actually do a real 'customs' inspection. Many are successful.

Tke problem is, as with any government operation, time is wasted waitin, and waiting, plus the appeal is conducted in Vietnamese. This usually means you need an agent ... which costs.

If the tax, assumed at 30%, is high an alternative several people I know is to have it sent to Cambodia (you need a multi-entry VN visa or equivalence + Cambo visa[$30] + bus fare).

If you do have it sent to VietNam have it sent to either the courier or post office nearest you. The post office will charge you the local delivery rate (as if they haven't been paid already).

There is a regional courier, usually 2-day delivery,

JNE Singapore (Pte) Ltd
Express Operators & Couriers, Singapore
1 Upper Aljunied Link Blk A
#07-02 Joo Seng Warehouse
Singapore

Email: [email protected]
Web: jneintl.com

They are about one-third of DHL rates. Their agents in VN are the Post Office.

I suggest you contact them about Korea/VN rates. They have a manual e-mail tracking system which is OK unless you want to know hour-by-hour where your goods are.

I used them for sometime now and find their service very reliable and, as I said, the only negative is a tw0-day delivery.