Will Be Working in Bangkok Soon!

Hi guys,

This is my first time to post here in Expat-Blog and I'm looking to meet new and interesting people here as I embark on an interesting job in Bangkok. Looking for tips and information regarding: finding a place to stay, money-saving tips, where to buy basic necessities, how to travel around the city, and other life-saving nuggets of information.

Hope to hear from you guys!

Hi jpsakuragi!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

thanks...hoping to meet new friends there...

Any pinoys in this forum?

Hello jpsakuragi.

Here is the list of Filipino expatriates in Bangkok. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi, All!

I'm glad to be here and be able to ask about living in BKK! I'm moving to BKK early October, and quite excited about it, but have some concerns too! If anyone could suggest me and help me to figure out with deciding where to live and etc I would greatly appreciate! First, i'm moving alone, but plan to bring my family /son 8yo/, plus family members coming and going. So I need to decide where to rent an apartment. I, of course,want to be close to my future work which is in Sukhumvit area, but I read so many reviews and comments that living in this are with your family is not healthwise and etc. Is the pollution that bad??? At the same time, I dont want to spend hours commuting from home to work and back /dont want to come to my workplace like a sweat p../ And for prices too: I know that living in suburbs will save me a lot money, but I wud prefer paying extra /not much/ than feeling hot and tired on the way back.So anyone who had this experience of choosing you area PLEASE ADVISE!!! Please, please, please! /i've checked so many websites for room rents, some suburb areas are not that cheap as it is described /saving 2-3 times than living in centre/ so what's the trick? THANK YOU

Hi Tuvshin, hope you can find a place. So yeah, I have the same concern as his too.

Tuvshin.D wrote:

Hi, All!

I'm glad to be here and be able to ask about living in BKK! I'm moving to BKK early October, and quite excited about it, but have some concerns too! If anyone could suggest me and help me to figure out with deciding where to live and etc I would greatly appreciate! First, i'm moving alone, but plan to bring my family /son 8yo/, plus family members coming and going. So I need to decide where to rent an apartment. I, of course,want to be close to my future work which is in Sukhumvit area, but I read so many reviews and comments that living in this are with your family is not healthwise and etc. Is the pollution that bad??? At the same time, I dont want to spend hours commuting from home to work and back /dont want to come to my workplace like a sweat p../ And for prices too: I know that living in suburbs will save me a lot money, but I wud prefer paying extra /not much/ than feeling hot and tired on the way back.So anyone who had this experience of choosing you area PLEASE ADVISE!!! Please, please, please! /i've checked so many websites for room rents, some suburb areas are not that cheap as it is described /saving 2-3 times than living in centre/ so what's the trick? THANK YOU

Hello Tuvshin,

If the  location of your office is in Sukhumvit area, I would suggest for you to stay there. It is perfect to be near Sky Train Station or subway for easy commute.
There are lots of family friendly apartments in Sukhumvit area and I'm sure you'll find suitable for your family.

The pollution is not that bad but the humid is. :|

You should also consider which school your son will go as this will also determine the perfect area you and your family should be.

Properties in Sukhumvit area and Central Business District are indeed quite expensive but it is really up to you  how much you are willing to pay

All the best for your move.