EXPAT BLOG MEETUP SEPTEMBER 1ST - MON CHOISY

Hi guys,

I propose you to join us for a new Expat.com meet up on September 1st, at lunch time (let's say 1pm) at Mon choisy public beach, close to the Club Med.

I'll bring an Expat.com flag so it won't be difficult to recognize the group :)

As usual, it is a bring'n'share meet-up !

Do not hesitate to invite your friends, everyone is welcome

See you on Saturday 1st !

hi julien,what time will end? can i join? :D i'm coming at night after my work at around 8pm? can we camp at the place for overnight stay? is it okay and safe? :)

no idea when it will end. Maybe when it gets colder ?

a lot of people are doing camping at mon choisy

thanks julien =)

I dont see any replies... Is this still a go? Am in

Yes !

I'll send more invites tomorrow :)

Hi,
Sorry,won't be able to make it-have fun though

Thanks Julien, I'll be there.

Hi All.. am in.. see you there

Hi Julien,
Thanks your invitation.
I will be there as scheduled.
Thanks & best regards
Cader Jaunbocus

I will definately be there. I hope someone can give me a ride from Quatre Bornes.

Cheers
Terence

Sure!!! As planned!

Curious if people tend to bring kids to these gatherings?  If so, count us in!  If not, still too new to the island to have a babysitter!  ;)

Hi all,

Will try my best to be there. Will also invite other expats that I know :)

Cheers.

Hi,

CourtinUSVI wrote:

Curious if people tend to bring kids to these gatherings?  If so, count us in!  If not, still too new to the island to have a babysitter!  ;)

No probs. Very easy gatherings and the children are having fun on their own. Last time in Flic en Flac, I had my two ones with me and there were lots of other children, too.

Cheers, JoKi

hmmm,
present lol

regarding logistics, I'll try to bring my bbq and charcoal ... but I guess another bbq would be welcome. If you're not too far, do not hesitate to bring yours ;)

We are learing lessons from the last meeting -  our small bbq was occupied all the time and our charcoal was gone in no time... So this time, we will bring a bigger one, mauritius style bbq. However, it would be great if people could bring the charcoal.

Hi julien

Am Not an expat but a Mauritian is it a prob that i come .:D

Heeey... we're coming as well and bringing some Lebanese & Mediterranean dishes such as hummus, green tahini, real pita bread (those that open and not the panini bread u get here), tabule salad etc...

See you there...

Watook77, Expat.com events are of course open to everyone :)

Thanks Julian,

I was a pleasure to meet some new and old expat members. looking forward for the next event.

Thanks Candy and Guy for treating us with Tasty Mediterranean and Arabic Cuisine.

Cheers

Terence

Thanks for a fantatstic day yesterday. It wwas great to be part of a great bunch.Definitely looking forward to the next one. Now sally forth,and multiply your boerewors and braais(Safrican for sausage and bbq).

Just by the way,barbaque,is a line you stand in for a haircut

Was great to see the faces behind the nicknames. We had fun!

So when's the next one? :)

Yes, thank you for this. I regretted not living in Curepipe for the delicious Mediterranean food! So Julien, next time after work happy hour?

we missed this time.....:(:(:(

Thanks everyone, it's been a great day !

we've been very lucky with the weather :)

Fantastic food Candy :)

Just by the way,barbaque,is a line you stand in for a haircut

:D don't forget to send me the link on youtube ! Was it Braai Master ?

Has anyone forgotten black sandals on the beach ? we've also found a super U bag.

.. we've also found a couple of phoenix beers but ... they evaporated

Hi Julien,

When is the next meet.
I missed this one, your message got to my junk on my email inbox.

If ever there is another meet , just give me a ring 9402234/

Ronee

Would also be very interested in knowing the next meet up too. I have now arrived in Mauritius permanently to live.

Looking forward to meeting other Expats soon :)