17 years old, moving back to Tanzania

Good evening,

I am not exactly an "expat" but this is the perfect forum for me to voice my concerns and to recieve advice.

Okay, so I have been living in London with my aunt for 10 years and have become a British citizen. My parents live in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. I came here because my father was having problems with work and so my aunt decided to take me so that I could recieve a better quality of life and education.

However, living with her has been hell, she used to hit me, she used to and still does scream and shout at me in a degrading manner. She is not supportive of my education and she generally is not interested in what I have to say. She expects me to cook and clean, and babysit her three children. I have become exhausted of this life and I argue back with her because I have suffered in silence for years.

Anyway, we had a big argument the other day, and I told her to send me back home because I have suffered enough.

My only concern is my education, I am just over a year away from starting university and I don't know how my education will continue. University was my biggest dream, my escape from the life I live in but that prospect is being taken away from me. I would just like some advice please, i feel really hopeless and lonely.

Anyone?

Hi

I dnt have any experience in what you are going through as I am also contemplating moving to the uk for good, with no job etc etc

You are young and I feel you shoould do what's best for you. I also believe that if you really work hard in life you can do anything you put your mind to, be strong and follow your heart, God bless