How to dial numbers in Egypt???

So, I'm in Egypt right now and I have no idea how to dial numbers. Every time I dial an egyptian number the operator says the number I dialed is not a working numbers.

Say you have a number like this ----> (20-2) 2797-1111 (**It's a made up number but has the same format as the number I want to call)

How would I dial it in through a mobile phone? and is it different calling a number from Alexandria to Cairo?

I also don't have access to a home phone so I can only call from my cellphone.

Thank You!

Someone on here has to know how to dial numbers here :/

ive been here for years and still cant really figure it out i always need help.. LOL what company do you use.. mobinil?

this may help...  http://countrycode.org/egypt

http://whazzupegypt.blogspot.com/2008/0 … egypt.html  this pretty much explains it.. the other link i gave was if you are trying to call egypt lol sorry.

troubled wrote:

So, I'm in Egypt right now and I have no idea how to dial numbers. Every time I dial an egyptian number the operator says the number I dialed is not a working numbers.

Say you have a number like this ----> (20-2) 2797-1111 (**It's a made up number but has the same format as the number I want to call)

How would I dial it in through a mobile phone? and is it different calling a number from Alexandria to Cairo?

I also don't have access to a home phone so I can only call from my cellphone.

Thank You!

Ok! :) I'll try calling the number tomorrow and see if they pick up.

So I basically just need to leave out the 2 in the beginning of this number (20-2) 2797-1111 right?

Thank you for your help!

its very possible lol it seems right. :-)

Ok :) Thank you SO much for your help. I'm new here so I don't really know how things work yet :P

no problem ive been here like 7 years and i dont know how some stuff works yet lmao. welcome to egypt :-)

troubled wrote:

Ok :) Thank you SO much for your help. I'm new here so I don't really know how things work yet :P

you have to leave the first 2 (really the country code for Egypt is 20, but when you dial any country from abroad you will omit the first zero after the country code) OR you have to dial + or 00 in front of the number you mentioned (like if you call from abroad)
02 is Cairo, 03 Alex etc. All numbers starting with 01 are mobile numbers.

it's very simple, if u r in Egypt and u want to call a number in cairo using a cellphone just type (02-then the number) 02 is Cairo code for earth lines. u dont use 02 before the number if u call from an earth line...just dial the number as long as u r in Cairo. If u r in Alexandria u will have to use the area code so u dial 02-then the number. If u r in Cairo and dialing alexandria or using a cellphone to dial a numer in Alexandria u also use Alexandria code which is 03. so u dial o3- then the number. Got it :)

troubled wrote:

don't worry that's fine it's actually my 9th year and i still don't know alot of things in Egypt :D

yea it's exactly like what  Mido84 said :)

also beware of mobile no,
it's now 11 digit not 10

so if the cellphone no, is 10 digits only you want be able to call

so

starting with:

( Mobinil )
012 or 017 or 018 >> you have to add 2 after the 1
>> 0122 , 0127 , 0128

( Etisalat)
014 or 011 >> you have to add 1 after the 1
>> 0114 , 0111

( Vodafone )
010 or 016 or 019 >> you have to add 0 after the 1
>> 0100 , 0106 , 0109

each company has a free program to modifiy all your Egyptians no, :)