How can I get married

I am a Canadian citizen living in Dubai, wanting to marry a syrian citizen with an residency (iqame) in saudi, does anyone know how we can get married? please help

Hello ferasa.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you can read this article : How to register a Marriage in Saudi Arabia

Thank you,
Aurélie

The problem you are going to face is his passport. He cant just up and go to any country like you. Why not go to Egypt or another country he can visit easily. There is no way for you to get married in the GCC, You can not visit Saudi and even if you could you would need an Iqama to marry. Then its the reverse thing with you in Dubai. He cant visit you and even if it got an approval for a vacation visit visa he would need a residency there to get married.

Try to look at other countries like Turkey, Egypt, or maybe Jordan. YOu might be able to do a wedding/honeymoon trip

Good luck

Nmuhammad wrote:

The problem you are going to face is his passport. He cant just up and go to any country like you. Why not go to Egypt or another country he can visit easily. There is no way for you to get married in the GCC, You can not visit Saudi and even if you could you would need an Iqama to marry. Then its the reverse thing with you in Dubai. He cant visit you and even if it got an approval for a vacation visit visa he would need a residency there to get married.

Try to look at other countries like Turkey, Egypt, or maybe Jordan. YOu might be able to do a wedding/honeymoon trip

Good luck

:one. Very well said! Shows your sound knowledge about GCC as your profile says :)

I got married in Dubai.... that dont help you but in the process i did a lot of research on getting wed in Sri Lanka.... its easy... just need your passports and papers to say neither are married, then 4 days in country and can do ...  we did honeymoon there and watched a simple wedding on Unawatuna beach ... was pretty cool/

good luck