Searching for friends

Hi,

I've been here in Dubai for quite some time now but I don't usually go out so I don't know lots of people here. Hope I can gain friends through this site.

Mas okay sana kung kabayan din un makikilala ko. Sarap din kasi magtagalog pag nakikipagkwentuhan. :)

Please PM me.

Thank you!

Hello Ivy Laurice.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Can you tell us more about yourself?

I am sure you'll meet a lot of new people here.

PS: This is an Anglophone forum. Can you please write in english so that other members can understand? ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi ivy.i can be your friend.kabayan din ako.i experience what you feel right now feel homesick? Ako din nraramdaman ko ulit ung feelings na un specially this time.

You're sure you're a Filipina and having trouble meeting people in Dubai, that's kinda odd...

Anyway I think telling us a bit about yourself is kind of a cool idea, it will encourage other people to contact you or try to be your friends.

Thanks for your reply, Guys. I really appreciate it.

Well, yeah. It sounds ironic that I am a Filipino and knowing that there's a lot of Filipinos here, I don't have lots of friends. :P
Probably that's because I don't usually go out (that's because I don't know where to go and it's really hard to go out without a companion). Aside from that, the company that I am working for doesn't have lots of Filipino employees and most of them are too old to hang with. :P

About myself? I am a swimmer, I sing and dance (but not a pro. :P), I read, I write, I am a bit hooked to the internet, and I love to eat.

yahi  also came just now if any group is here we can make ful  fun movie, club

hi ivy!! wow, its great to know that i am not the only filipino here in uae who ius keen on meeting new friends. I just recently started looking really, im so damn bored with my life and i just miss the kind of life i had back home wherein i was free like a bird. free to do whatever i want without being labelled as undignified person just because i was very outgoing. Here in uae, its kinda different.. they have like a sort of bad impressions about filipinos, like they think we are so easy, probably they are right, we are easy because we are just very friendly in nature, and sweet.. sometimes it sucks that they dont understand that a pure freindship exists between male and female without getting under womens pants...

Hi greetings from yogesh

Hi, Nadia! Finally! Someone I can relate to. :)

I couldn't agree more about what you've said. I've been here for a few months now and I've seen tons of men who will hit on every Filipina they see. And that is the main reason why I am hesitant to go out to meet new friends. It's a bit ironic how we all know that we live in a multicultural country but some tend to forget to accept and respect cultural differences.

I dislike the notion that Filipinas are "easy to get" in Dubai. They just have good attitude.

Funnily enough, women of other nationalities can even "accuse" a man of being with a Filipina, and see it as a sign of desperation, and while some men do hit on every Filipina they see, some are simply looking for that great attitude and looking for a relationship that is more about mutual liking than being an exchange of services.

Hi Ivy and Nadia,

I've been here in Dubai for a long time I also have very few friends here because i am busy with work and family and like you i just joined in this site to see if i can gain friends here but that doesn't mean that i am bored cos i'm not :))

maria_ganda wrote:

Hi Ivy and Nadia,

I've been here in Dubai for a long time I also have very few friends here because i am busy with work and family and like you i just joined in this site to see if i can gain friends here but that doesn't mean that i am bored cos i'm not :))

Hi, Ms. Maria. That's nice to hear. But we literally are bored. There's nothing to do. You know the feeling of having the same routine everyday? It's like you're on autopilot. There will really to a point where it starts to get boring. Hehe!

orwa84 wrote:

I dislike the notion that Filipinas are "easy to get" in Dubai. They just have good attitude.

Funnily enough, women of other nationalities can even "accuse" a man of being with a Filipina, and see it as a sign of desperation, and while some men do hit on every Filipina they see, some are simply looking for that great attitude and looking for a relationship that is more about mutual liking than being an exchange of services.

Good to know that there's still someone who thinks that way. Thank you for being open about it. We appreciate it. :)

I am also looking for filipino community where i can join pero parang malabo kasi hindi naman ako palasimba, mostly kasi sa church yung community ng mga pinoy dito like couples for christ, singles for christ etc etc.. nakakatamad nga rinnaman kasi pag work and bahay lang.

My husband is a scottish and we've been married for 5 years now. whenever he go out to meet his friends, thats the only time i go out din because as i said wala akong masyadong filipino friends dito... Like what Nadia said, its different here as people have bad impressions about filipinos and i hate it but my husband keep telling me "who cares what other people think".

Wish ko lang makahanap ako ng new sets of friends here pero parang konti lang filipino member here..

Exactly, who cares about what others think? For as long as we know where we stand, there's no way they can let us down. :)

Hope we, three can hang-out sometime... Hope it's possible. :) Kahil konting chika lang.

Sure.. pero mas maganda siguro pag mga lima na tayo hehehe..

Sige po. I have a friend who's also here in Dubai. I can bring her along. :)  Isa nalang. :)

@maria_ganda - Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everybody may understand? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

orwa84 wrote:

You're sure you're a Filipina and having trouble meeting people in Dubai, that's kinda odd...

:P

Yeah it is. But I already said it, I don't usually go out and most of my officemates are too busy to go out. :P

yeah ok, but still! :P
actually you can find a lot of social groups around!

Haha! IKR. I started searching for social groups last week. Still haven't found a one that will fit me though. :P Commitment is a bit of an issue for me. :P

try to check your inbox ;)

Hey...Ivy Laurice
pls register in couchsurfing . com and meetup . com u will get good n honest friend there..

Haave a nice day..

james.hamad wrote:

try to check your inbox ;)

Already saw it. Thanks, James. ;)

Ivy Laurice
waiting for ur reply friend...

hi ivy
IAM IN DUBAI ,BUT FROM LEBANON,,WHERE R U FROM?
HOPE U REPLY

FADI

Hi Fadi, how r u? whtat r u doing in dubai? am also having business there in dubai

fadizg wrote:

hi ivy
HOPE U REPLY

FADI

fadizg wrote:

hi ivy
HOPE U REPLY

FADI

hi fadi, kifak? :)
I hope that you're having a good time :)

I recently attended a couple of the meetings organized through "meetup dot com", a nice website. One of them was a Tuesday nights drink and the other was a wine tasting session (organized by the Wine club group on that website). They were okay, but I had to spend a hundred or so on the first, and 150 on the second.

If the money is okay and you'd like to mingle with westerners, deciphering a lot of vague British English and trying not to bleed your nose on the table, lol, then those meetings might be the right thing for you.

There is also another group on facebook named "Thursday Night Drinks" but for some reason, I never felt comfortable in their meetings and always ended up feeling left out. I think that the people there are a bit snobbish and upper class (Not to generalize, some are sweet).

It's funny that in all of those internet-organized meetings, Filipinos have a very small (if any) presence. Having said that, they are only a good idea for you if you want to mingle with nationalities other than your own.

Maybe you can come to the next Wine-tasting event (after one month from now). The Wine group on meetup dot com is a really big group (but beware that people are split into tables and unless you are outgoing enough to walk between the tables you're not going to get the most out of it). Also pay notice that these meetings cost 150 dirhams for the wines you are going to taste, not particularly cheap especially if you don't give a *** about wine haha :-D

Anyway take care.
Orwa.

orwa84 wrote:

I recently attended a couple of the meetings organized through "meetup dot com", a nice website. One of them was a Tuesday nights drink and the other was a wine tasting session (organized by the Wine club group on that website). They were okay, but I had to spend a hundred or so on the first, and 150 on the second.

If the money is okay and you'd like to mingle with westerners, deciphering a lot of vague British English and trying not to bleed your nose on the table, lol, then those meetings might be the right thing for you.

There is also another group on facebook named "Thursday Night Drinks" but for some reason, I never felt comfortable in their meetings and always ended up feeling left out. I think that the people there are a bit snobbish and upper class (Not to generalize, some are sweet).

It's funny that in all of those internet-organized meetings, Filipinos have a very small (if any) presence. Having said that, they are only a good idea for you if you want to mingle with nationalities other than your own.

Maybe you can come to the next Wine-tasting event (after one month from now). The Wine group on meetup dot com is a really big group (but beware that people are split into tables and unless you are outgoing enough to walk between the tables you're not going to get the most out of it). Also pay notice that these meetings cost 150 dirhams for the wines you are going to taste, not particularly cheap especially if you don't give a *** about wine haha :-D

Anyway take care.
Orwa.

thanks for information am already in same group but unfortunatly am not in dubai that time so didnt attend the same before 2 days ago ...tell me more abt the group n all memebers if ur feeling good in party i hope next time am joining there in hotel radiasion...

hello

I have recently moved to Dubai and also in the same boat, i.e don't have many friends or people who I can randomly call up to go out, watch a movie, grab a coffee or something to est/drink with.

I'm from the UK? where are you from, you posted your ad in two different languages (good idea).

I'm 29, about to celebrate my 30th birthday out here. Work begins September.

ciao for now
FF

FriendlyFish wrote:

hello

I have recently moved to Dubai and also in the same boat, i.e don't have many friends or people who I can randomly call up to go out, watch a movie, grab a coffee or something to est/drink with.

I'm from the UK? where are you from, you posted your ad in two different languages (good idea).

I'm 29, about to celebrate my 30th birthday out here. Work begins September.

ciao for now
FF

FriendlyFish? :P Nice nick :)

Ivy check your mail .....I personally am shocked never even thought about the flip side to being Filipino out here. I am not from the beautiful land, but I honestly thought most people viewed Filipinos as really friendly and warm, I know I do.