SPORTS in Toronto?

Hey everyone!

I'm moving in Toronto in Sept for work. I'm from Italy and here I'm used to play basketball for a semi-professional team (3 trainings/week + game).
I wont have the opportunity to hold on to so many weekly appointments but I don't want to quit!!!

I'm 21, out of college and I really can't figure out how teams etc work! I find college ones and pros, or very small leagues where you have to pay to play!!

Does anyone know how sports work there??
I'll be in the Scarborough area if helps..!

Thank youuuuu!

Elettra

hi elettra,

there's a few recreational sports leagues in the city you may want to look into:

toronto recreational sports league (yonge & eglington area):  http://www.trsl.ca/AboutTRSL.htm

toronto sport and social club:
http://www.torontossc.com/

both sites listed basketball leagues.

cheers,

Thank you very much Suzie!

Unfortunately the first has only men's basketball league....and the 2nd only 4on4 for women... :(

But I guess the criteria is correct, there are minor leagues where you have to pay..not big sport companies! :/

Thanks anyways!!
E.

Unfortunately women's basketball (and basketball. period.) just doesn't get funded very well in Canada. There are definitely a few traveling teams around though.

If you're looking for regular, good quality 5x5 women's games, you can check out BWT.ca. They run a women's league year-round (no shotclock). There are quite a few players who play in this league who played ball either in Canadian universities/colleges, or in the USA on scholarships. They tend to navigate around the Greater Toronto Area to play with the best. They might know where to find what you're looking for specifically.

Forgot to mention that Toronto occasionally has a team participating in the semi-pro Women's Blue Chip Basketball League. Most recently, year 2011 =\

thx!! I've seen both Web sites! the first looks more appealing, at least is located in Toronto! thanks again!

There are a lot of clubs like that in Scarborough as well!  I would recommend going to the closest community centre, they should have tons of information about sporting groups in your area.