New to USA

People who complain about freedom of speech always seem to think it means they can freely say whatever they want and no one can freely respond.

Allergic to constructive criticism perhaps ??

No doubt.

I guess we won't hear from 'him' anymore: 'he' is now swimming in other waters.... where people listen to themselves, and never to others... :) it seems we were not smart enough for 'him'.
Here, we will keep trying to help expatriate people.

Hello:

I`m Garry, a fellow Brit` who has moved to the USA (Georgia) in 2012 from Labrador, N/E Canada following my divorce.

You do not state why you are not liking your current situation. What is it you don`t like? Is it Nebraska, the USA in general, your situation or a combination of all of these things?

I`m only staying around here in Georgia because I am in love with my wife. However, I can not find a job, you know about the health care system here too no doubt which is very scary to say the least!

I also feel that the US is on the verge of bankruptcy and that the US Dollar may soon be on the slide too, thus bad times ahead. The UK, and, indeed, the rest of the Western financial system aligned nations are also in dire difficulty, so it seems there is no running away from any of the doom and gloom

I don`t know how to advise you or what to say to you, but I hear that you are unhappy. Maybe tell me or others more about your situation and take it from there.

Cheers

Garry Harriman, Georgia.

GLH44 wrote:

I also feel that the US is on the verge of bankruptcy and that the US Dollar may soon be on the slide too, thus bad times ahead. The UK, and, indeed, the rest of the Western financial system aligned nations are also in dire difficulty, so it seems there is no running away from any of the doom and gloom

Sounds like you watch too much Fox News.  Things used to be worse in Georgia (See Sherman's March to the Sea)

Welcome to USA. I also recently moved from U.K. to Houston tx. Weather is great, food is fantastic/diverse and loads of activities for everyone all year round. Check out your city for their regular activities and events. Also check for British expats in that area. In Houston, there are lots of them😄 Enjoy!

there currently 90,000 jobs in GA, put the donut down, get off the sofa and get one. 

https://www.indeed.com/l-Georgia-jobs.html