Moving to Al Ain

Hi I was wondering could anyone help me.

I have a provisional job offer for a hospital in Al Ain accomodation isnt provided but I have been offered 20,000 a month, how much will I have to pay in rent is this enough to be able to save some money.  I need a garden as I have dogs

accommodation rent here is very affordable. don't worry about it much=)

Hello ciaramcmahon.

Welcome to Expat.com!

The Housing in Al Ain section might help you. Do not hesitate to post an advert there. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you both so much for your help

Hi well con to al ain!  You will find many places your salary is more then enough for all your expenses , feel free to ask for any kind of help,

Respect

thank you very much Ajoo

Hi, I am just wondering where this hospital is. I have recently been offered to work in a hospital in Al Ain. Do you know anything about it? I am trying to look up online but I am getting mixed views. I was told by the agency that you can commute but from reading posts this does not seem possible.

sibh
galway

Hi Girls,

I dunno if you were at the interviews in Dublin last week.  I also got offered a job, I suppose it depends when we all get there?  Some people might want to share and stuff because the more you have the more you get?  I was thinking about the Dubai - Al Ain commute but I dunno how I would feel after a mad day at working having to make a 2 hour trek home.  Might just settle in Al Ain and then go to Dubai at the weekend ect.

Claire

Hi, Ya the interviews were in Dublin. I just got offered the Job so it wont be for another while. I was looking up the distance myself and its too much. That would be like for me to drive to dublin and back. I was thinking of just moving too al ain altogether. I do have a boyfriend which is another issue. He does not have a job yet and I know we cant live together even though I have read in places that people do.

Are you moving by yourself? How did you find the interview. I didnt think I would get it..

sibh

Were you morning or afternoon interview? I was afternoon? Me and my friend came over from
Glasgow for a few days. I think that is what I will be doing aswell, my boyfriend is also trying to get a job but for his line of work out there they want like 5-10yrs experience. So doesn't look likely.  I dunno how Al-Ain will be about living together can always suss it when you get there.  Do you know when it opens? What do you
Do? I am assuming your going to Amana aswell? I thought the interview was ok nothing I really struggled on I used to work in the same kind of ward in Glasgow and have working in Bahrain previously so think that went in my favour!

Claire

Hi, I was in the morning, bright and early. It opens next month.I am still in the process of my application form. Trying to get an employment letter was slow. Hopefully I wont have to go till next year after christmas. Ya my boyfriend is a mechanical engineer, he has been working in his dad's company since he was 13 so he has great experience. Just hope he gets a job. I assume he prob will be working in Abu Dhabi or Dubai. I would have prefered Abu Dhabi but sure I cant have everything.
How was Bahrain? I am a general nurse at the moment I am doing agency, they are getting rid of this soon as it is costing the health system too much so il be jobless then ;-( Are you working in a critical care unit? I didn't think I would get the job, I thought there were really specific in what they wanted and i have only previously worked a year in HDU and would have some experience as a student but thats about it. So was deffinatly shocked when I got the email..

Well I was supposed to go earlier this year and work in Al Ain hospital but some stuff happened at home that ment I couldnt go - so I already have a registration for over there but theres loads of red tape as they are in the middle of cancelling it so I am trying to just get it transferred over instead of starting it all over again.  I dont really know much about the hospital as the website isnt up and running yet.  No I am working in the general side, are you in the critical care unit? Thats good you must have done well. :) So cant wait to get out there now this weather is driving me mental!!!!

Hi

Hmmm it is a giveremnt hospital located u can say in middle of al ain quit city ....  but it is a good start

Hi Guys,
Ive just been reading the forum and over the moon to read that some more irish nurses are on this site!!!
Ive been offered a job with Amana in Al Ain and waiting patiently for news of registration and a start date....well a bit IMpatiently actually!!
Very slow process but hey ho!!
Any news about the actual site of the hospital and/or any other info would be fab...Not having the website up and running is a bit surprising at this stage esp as the hospital's doors are meant to be opening this month.
Well any way maybe I'll meet u guys over there soooooon...

:-)

Hey, I myself got the job for al ain with Amana. The website is up for Amana but there are no pictures of the hospital. I am too waiting on my registration they asked last week for permission to contact my referee's so they must b looking at mine. I'd like to know a date or an idea of when I would be expected to start.

What kind of work are you in at the moment?? Nursing physio OT. They were interviewing OT the same day I went. I have no idea what life will b like there but I do expect the change to be a difficult one.

Where in Ireland you from??

Sibh

Hey Sibh
I'll be nursing over there hopefully!!! Fingers crossed all goes well....
Could u give me the website u talked about???
Can't for the life of me find it....!!!!
I'm from Carlow..... And you????
Regards
M

Hey
I am from Galway. Ah same so nursing over there myself. Well they gave me an acceptance letter of he job. I I didn't get any contract or anything yet. The wait is annoying not knowing when your going. I'd hope it wud be after Xmas :-)
It will be a big change. Il be an ant in a molehill. The website I got is for Amana, I didnt see anything about the hospital. Anyhoo here it is:
http://amanahealthcare.com/

Sibh

Hey Sibh
If u like, send me a pm with ur num and we could chat about things!!
Regards
M.

Hey girls

I got an email today saying they are looking to get people out by feb!  Kinda wanted to go sooner but at least it's a date to look towards

Claire

I wud prefer to have Xmas at home so that wud be perfect, have one last cold winter for awhile
We won't feel it!

Sibh

Ciara I do not know what type of money you will be using but 20,000 aed monthly = 5445.88 USD :blink

Hi everyone,
Did u guys get the email re Abu Dhabi anad Al AIn sites???
Looks like things are starting to move tho.....:-)

Does anyonae know WHERE in Al Ain this new facility is??????
Bit frustrating being drip fed information.....
;-)

No hen not heard very much! So frustrating!!! Can you link the site?

Claire

:)

I am moving to AL AIN from DUBAI.Hope it will be a good move in this new year.

Hi Guys,
I live in Al Ain (18 months), I have also got a new job in Amana,
It is right at the bottom of the city, Al Ain is small - you can get any where in 20 mins top.
its end of feb now and the weather is warming up say high 20s during the day.
food and drink is cheep a pint cost 22dhs (4 quid)
you can only drink in 4 or 5 places.
There are about 4 off licences a slab of beer is 100 - 150dhs

Dubai and abu dhabi are each 1 1/2 hrs away and an easy drive
it is ALOT more expencive to have fun there - but worth it now and again.
If I were you I'd get into a gang and rent a villa together- youll get a very nice place for 100,000dhs per year (4 bed rooms)

ex pats are always comming and going so furniture cars etc are cheepish and available

ANY questions i'll try and help

im over here with my wife and kids- that first few weeks were hard - but worth it :)

Hi I did my interview via skype. Has anyone started yet. Im still waiting for my registration. It will be great when we are all out there together. I wonder what the work will be like. Am sure we will all be fine sure twill be something different. And no more rain happy days.

Im from tipperary going to Amana too. I still dont have a start date though. Have you started? Sure twill be something different. Im looking forward to the good weather

i have been here with my wife and kids for 18 months. It has only rained about a hand full of times.

I have resigned from my present job and will start in amana april.
getting a licence can be a nightmare - but it is supposed to be quicker now (fingers crossed)

The hospital is still not finished, but parts will be accepting pts from 3rd march (so im told)

Im from England but lived in Ireland for 12years up in Drogheda

Gazg what is it you will be doing.  It's all taking its time I was initially told Novemeber then Feb then March.  Do you really think it will open at the end of this week?  What's the housing situation like? I'm dreading having to fully start again. Lol u can tell the recruitment agency hasn't really told us much!

Claire

hii friend,my friend already moved to amana alain.Hospital still not open.

oh thats great im hoping to take some time off before I start too. I hope they will give us good notice befor we start.

Hope you enjoy your time off

Hi all - so so happy to find this forum!!

I am from Sheffield , England and I feel as frustrated as you all, I've been offered a job in the Abu Dhabi hospital , but they said that I can move to Al Ain in the mean time...

Has anyone heard ANYTHING at all!! I accepted my job offer in August last year and I have to give 8 weeks notice in my current post .... it's all a bit of a nightmare process so far, did not think it would take this long :o

also does anyone know a potential abu dhabi hospital opening date?

This is what I know as of last night.
The plan is to move admin into the building by the 3rd,
they hope to be accepting patients on the 17 (paddy's day )
then they will be mobilising staff.
Do not become discouraged, the middle east moves in it's own time.
It is not like Europe, things move SLOWLY.

As far as the Abu Dhabi facility - I have no idea, they are going to open AL Ain first.

With respect to housing the best advise (I think ) is to gang together and get a big villa, then all share. I know a reliable estate agent and should be able to sort out housing. Then either buy secondhand or off to Ikea.

I haven't started at Amana yet, but i am working on a 'welcome' pack, this will hopefully help with driving licences, social life getting around etc.

Most important is the data flow and getting your licence sorted out.

I got an email today from my agency as you say Gaz Al Ain is aiming to open in
March and apparently Abu Dhabi is June/July time.  The Abu Dhabi people
Might go to al Ain in the meantime and then transfer once they get replaced?

I deffo think the sharing thing is a good idea as can have your own space and hopefully couple of
Spare rooms for visitors from home.  My license is taking ages I had a job in Al Ain hospital but couldn't go due to personal reasons so I never nursed with my license so they were hoping it could be transferred apparently it is undergoing cancellation so they are tryn to stop it and transfer so
Hopefully it won't take Aslong as the last time.

Claire

Hi Claire - I take it we are with the same agency..... I got the same email as well. Think I am going to  be best just waiting for the abu dhabi hospital to open as I am still waiting for my HAAD !

Is there any particular reason you chose Al Ain over Abu Dhabi?

x

Hi Sarah,

I didnt really get a choice between the two I was just kinda told Al Ain - To be fair im not really bothered as not planning on being out every night on the lash so I figure can go to dubai or abu dhabi when I want a big night out.

Claire :)

Hi Guys,

Have just been reading your thread with interest. I have a skype job interview with Amana tomorrow and feeling a bit nervous. I had no idea it isn't actually open yet though!
It sounds like there'll be a fair few people from UK/Ireland working there which will be good. Have you guys got any idea when you'll be moving? Surely they need a lot of staff there for when the patients get admitted?!!
Have you been told the full details about salary and benefits yet? I haven't had much info from the recruitment company other than the web address.

If I get the job, it'd be good to keep in touch with you all to share info etc. It feels like such a massive move!!

Hx